Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New year, fresh start.

Move your body this month! Even if for 10 minutes a day will make you healthier, happier and sleep better!

I am in for 40 minutes per day this month which will be 1240 minutes.

What about you? :)

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
I am definitely in. My sig already has my challenge for running/walking and going to the gym, so I'm going to try to make those targets. Will also try to do my 50 (eventually) sit-ups and push-ups at least every other day.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Starting Monday, possibly Sunday, I will be waking up and going straight to my treadmill (which is right next to my side of the bed) for a minimum of 15 minutes to start, I'd like to get up to 45 minutes a day - beginning at 5a. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm in! I'm challenging myself to 20 minutes of movement per day.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I'm in. I was doing so good with walking last summer and then it got cold. :(

I am going to start slow so I won't fail, I am going to aim for 2 hours a week of exercise.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I am in, I have a gym membership, that is very underused! I also got that Zumba game for Wii for xmas. I plan on putting that to go use as well! I would like to workout at least 3-4 days a week, not going to put minutes per day, since some days I can achieve more than others, and I don't want exercise to feel like a chore. So I guess I will commit to 15 days of exercise in January. If I do more...great! If not then at least I achieved my goal!

·
Registered
960 Posts
I'm in starting with 300 minutes per month.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
40 minutes of walking today. :)

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Count me in! I have several exercise DVDs and a pilates machine and a gym membership that have been sitting around collecting dust so I have no excuses for not exercising!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
i benched 3 times today. hoping to get more in tomorrow

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Spent the day indoors and cooking, so I didn't get any exercise at all, unless standing all day (vs. sitting) counts. OH, wait, I took a nap, so I guess I didn't even do that! :)

Tomorrow will be a better day. I will have to put some time aside to work out.

In my defense, I gave blood on 12/31, and they did tell me no strenuous exercise for 72 hours, so no running for me until Monday afternoon.

1 - 20 of 280 Posts