Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year all. Now to get down to business:)

Goal for me is to live off the food in the house for 2 weeks then the last 2 weeks $100 weekly. I have $25 put off to the side for more eggs and milk or misc. things, but that's it. Wish me luck!

Week 1 = $0
Week 2 = $0
Week 3 = $100
Week 4 = $100

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm in for $100 a week! We just moved into a new house and the entire contents of our last home were destroyed, food/spices stockpile included. So this is to include the rebuild of meat, frozen foods, various spices and baking items, starting with the ones I use most often (cinnamon, paprika, baking soda/powder, yeast etc). I also need to purchase several gallons of milk a week, which is about $20-$25 in itself.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
my budget is $50 a week or $200 month so sometimes that's less than $50. I know I kinda cheated, went shopping yesterday so it wouldn't count for Jan :lol:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I don't know how I ended up in December. Things got crazy towards the end and I haven't had a chance to look at all our receipts but I know the last shop I did was way high because I stocked up on TP, Paper Towels and baking ingredients for next year. Then we ended up having an impromptu party that set us back even further.

Soooo....I've got to get things under control and really tighten the belt. Normal budget is $80 weekly but since I know I'm in the hole I'm hoping to go lean and mean this month. Off the top of my head, anything under $50 a week would be awesome.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm trying for $100 a week, or $400 a month. That is for 3 of us at home, and 2 DS at college. One son is home fairly often, and the other son is home less frequently, but I help him out with groceries. I love to coupon so this should be doable. Planning on under $50 this week.....not many good sales, and we don't need much!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I am in, hoping to average $50 a week. I already spent $70 this week, but hoping to not shop again for a while!

Reactions: MakeADollarHollar

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
I'm in for $75 max for 3 of us including furbaby and all taxables. I've been going about every 2 weeks give or take. I started to put $50 and may lower it if I do next month also.
So far nothing spent this month. May stop tonight. We'll see.

Reactions: MakeADollarHollar

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
I'm in for $75 max for 3 of us including furbaby and all taxables. I've been going about every 2 weeks give or take. I started to put $50 and may lower it if I do next month also.
So far nothing spent this month. May stop tonight. We'll see.
Well I didn't stop last night but wanted to add to my comment above. That's $75 a week OR $300 a month. I don't always do a shop every week. I may pick up but not do a shop. Sometimes it 2 to 3 weeks between. I don't have a set time.
Will go this weekend at some point after I look at sales.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Shopping is done.

We have some friends that are moving away in a few weeks so we're having them for dinner next week. Needed a whole chicken for that and have been craving wings so I swung in to BJ's because they have the best prices on chicken. Got the whole chicken and a package of wings then noticed two packages of thighs marked down from 99¢ pound to 59¢ pound because they expired today. No way I could pass up that deal.

Ran over to Aldi. I'm trying to eat a little better so I added a few things on to my original list. Added some cottage cheese, yogurt, cheeses, sliced turkey and water because I needed a new/clean water jug.

BJ's - 38.37
Aldi - 42.76
Total - $81.13

So, I'm over the $50 I was hoping to hit and even over my regular budget of $80. Ugh. :bang:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
ran in to town for some errands and to pick up sale/stockpile items. Spent about $44 so on target with my $50 budget.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi all,

Hubby ran to the store to get Mozzarella cheese for pizza night and ended up buying more stuff. I had $25 put off to the side for emergency runs, but he used almost all of that. I know I will need more eggs too. Oh well, still doing ok.

Shoppers = $21.99

Week 1 = $0 spent $21.99
Week 2 = $0
Week 3 = $100
Week 4 = $100

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I ended up spending $108.60 for this weeks groceries. I found it funny that it was so close to last years weekly average.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good morning all,

Week 2. Already blew it, but not too badly. Ran out twice for misc things and spent:
Giant = $7.21
Giant = $14.19
I know I will need to get eggs, milk and mayo today or tomorrow, to get through a week or so.

Week 1 = $0 spent $21.99
Week 2 = $0 spent $21.40 a little more to come
Week 3 = $100
Week 4 = $100

1 - 20 of 35 Posts