Frugal Village Forums banner

Japan - never thought I'd say this...

Tags
japan thought
3K views 39 replies 23 participants last post by  mhope 
#1 ·
Maybe it's my age or world events or both, but I'm beginning to think the End is actually near. Am I officially off my rocker?:toilet::screwy::whirly::rollsmile:nerv2::yikes:

#3 ·
Do you ever read the drudge report? I love that site. Everyday it's like the world is ending and there's so many things to freak out about. I read it because it makes me feel like I'm one of those end of the world movies. Anyway, after a couple years of my daily drudge, I think I'm desensitized.

#6 ·
Hehe yes gotta love Drudge report:)

#5 ·
I just try to remember that this planet is older than mankind and almost a living thing unto itself. The earth has cycles of weather, environmental change, and geological movement that we barely understand and certainly don't control. While it's in our nature to find patterns and seek meaning, I think it's just normal natural Life in the Universe type activity.

They don't call the rim of the Pacific the Ring of Fire for nothing. ;)

#17 ·
This is how I feel. After all the things the earth has been through, I doubt it's gonna end in my little lifetime.

Reactions: brennasmom
#7 ·
The Bible is very clear that nobody will know when the world will end. Jesus said in Matthew 25: 13, "Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man comes."

In Matthew 24:44 he says, "Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as you think not the Son of man comes."

I don't worry about this stuff. You will drive yourself crazy with all the doom and gloom.

#10 ·
I don't think your crazy. I know the Bible says we don't know when, but it certainly predicts many signs that point towards the end. With the upheaval in the Middle East, the natural disasters coming one ofter the other and the major world economic issues, I can certainly see some of those signs coming to life.

There seems to be earthquake after earthquake lately. I don't remember every hearing of so many devastating quakes in such a short time span before.

#11 ·
You're not crazy, and I agree with Daisygirl.......

"Crazy" is what you will read in Timothy, Chapter 3. This has become what we as a society have become today. Take a look at the uncaring and smug faces you see each day.
"Desensitized" scares me even more. This is what "evil" wants, and what "it" has as the master plan. The "increase in information" prophesied in the bible has helped us to care about others less each day as we are bombarded with horrors.

We are commanded, as Christians, to watch for the signs. And, yes, God is the "One" that knows when this earth will finally be at its end. We are blessed to watch these signs through the "increase of information", and know that another prophecy has been fulfilled.

Google "fulfilled prophecies" to see how far along we are.

blessings...

carol

#14 ·
Pinktulip.........I do agree with your DH to a point...

the bible tells us that there would be an increase in information, and that there would always be scoffers...(not saying this about DH, but I have experienced this for years with all ages of relatives...)

The point is that we now do have all of this information at our fingertips...internet, cable, radio, facebook, twitter, etc. So, how will WW3 play out as we watch all that is going on? I'm going to guess that the horror will be greater as we watch our heroic "Guards" defend all that is dear to us.

And, at this point, I would truly appreciate any and all that have experienced the view that "The end has been happening forever"...

carol

#20 ·
Sorry...

I wasn't being flippant, really I wasn't but thats the thought that was running through my head all day yesterday.
This earth is a lot older than any of us can imagine and nobody knows if its finished evolving yet. From the looks of things, it hasn't.

#16 ·
Well, from my non-Christian view, I don't think you are crazy meredithah but you may be feeling a change in things around you.

There are a lot of HSP and/or pagan people who have been talking about this for quite some time.

An end... just not THE end. A change or shift in life as we know it. The push to be more self-sufficient and less dependent on technology.

#18 ·
From my pagan point of view I think that we are all tuned into the earth on some level and each other, and what we are picking up are changes that are happening. End of the world I don't know about that but I do know that things are changing weather patterns, worse storms etc. In a nature sort of way, and more unrest in the world then I think we have seen in a long long time.
As well in our lifetime we have seen major things play out more then other times, if you take in to account all the major natural disasters and man made disasters, wars etc.
I think that the creation of 24 hour news channels does a lot as well to play and re play all of it,and play into peoples sense of security. I remember hearing that children don't know for the most part that every time they see it on t.v that it is the same footage or the same disaster they keep thinking it is happening all over again.
I think for the first time in history we have seen the front lines of war as it happens and live footage of natural disasters as they happen.
I always say though try not to worry about the end of the world because when it happens there is not much you can do about it. Just try and be prepared as much as possible for things.
We could get hit by an asteroid tonight for all we know. Remember more people are killed by donkeys then lighting strikes!

#19 ·
I am not in love with all the news updated every second, but find myself addicted to it.

Reactions: NikoSan999
#21 ·
I am going with the Bible accounts of what is happening. Don't know any dates for sure no one knows, but like others have pointed out that do believe the Bible that when you see these signs happening at much more frequent intervals and intensity know that the time is coming.

Sure it seems like how much more could go wrong, plenty I am sure. As for the world and all things ending in 2012 not likely as is someone who is looking to the Bible for answers to what is going on ( yes I know most people aren't looking there for the answers, but some of us are) There are more things that have to be in place for the countdown to begin. Not all are in place, they are heading that way for sure. For those who do use the Bible as the source of what is in the future you can see it all unfolding right before our eyes.

For those here that are not looking to the
Bible for the answers there is no need to bash or insult those of us who do. Not saying any of you have, just saying we are entitled to our opinion just as you are. You are free to think and believe as you choose and so do we. Where you choose to find your answers is up to you

#22 ·
For those here that are not looking to the
Bible for the answers there is no need to bash or insult those of us who do. Not saying any of you have, just saying we are entitled to our opinion just as you are. You are free to think and believe as you choose and so do we. Where you choose to find your answers is up to you
I'm with you, I do agree with the Biblical account of things. However, I really don't feel anyone is bashing us as Christians.

It is a very sensitive topic and I think we all need to be respectful of others when discussing it. As long as we are all on the same page as far as respect goes we can have an intense and fascinating conversation of the world's events and no one goes home upset.

As I keep reading, it seems to be getting worse and worse in Japan. The people should stay in to avoid radiation and stay outside to avoid being in damaged structures. I can't imagine the terror and loss they must be feeling. As I mentioned elsewhere, I'm spending part of this day in prayer for the people of the area. Good energy - prayers - healing - let's all send our best out there in the universe.

#25 ·
I was at my mom's today and we were watching the History channel and there were some interesting shows on this very thing. One I think was called Nostradamus the other was Armageddon. The first one was about all his Predictions, and the second one was talking about the horse men of the Bible, and how they relate to disasters that could happen to earth. They were both very interesting and my mom and I had a nice talk(strange that my mom and I did) about how her Christian beliefs and my Pagan beliefs are similar and different and how our different beliefs effect what we think the end of the world will be like. It was funny each in our different way both said that big changes will happen, and have started to happen now.

I was not trying to offend anyone and I am sorry if that is what my post did.

I don't think it is crazy that people have a sense something is coming, I do believe something is but what I can say I don't know. I think I had a post about this feeling a while ago. I think that we should just try to prepare as much as possible and not worry about it to much. Funny I should say that because I am probably the biggest worry wart I know.

#26 ·
You did not post anything to offend anyone, It was just me having a moment. Sorry.

Whatever is happening a lot of people are sensitive to it that is for sure.

#27 ·
Sorry...

I very much apologize if anything I posted caused anyone distress. Believe me, I'm just as distressed as anyone else about what is happening in Japan. I'm one of those people who, when they get anxious or distressed, things come out wrong.:(

#28 ·
I very much apologize if anything I posted caused anyone distress. Believe me, I'm just as distressed as anyone else about what is happening in Japan. I'm one of those people who, when they get anxious or distressed, things come out wrong.:(
You didn't do anything wrong at all. The world events have us all on edge. They really are going on and effecting us all in ways that do get us very anxious and wondering what is coming next, we are all on news overload and the way in which it is all delivered from the newscasters they really can get us all rattled.

Reactions: RaineyDaye
#30 ·
I think we all need one!!

#32 ·
Pass me a drink instead? I'm not much of a hugger. :laugh:

#33 ·
I don't drink much, but these days one seems like a good idea along with the hugs.

#34 ·
I agree with the whole news thing, I turned the tv over to trutv and started watching Las Vegas Jailhouse. Sad but funny:)

Much as I'd like to, can't drink right now either.:(

#35 ·
From a Christian standpoint, I'm sure the end is getting closer. I don't know about "near", since time and God is a difficult thing to get into relation with each other. Besides, as another pointed out, we have no idea. The world could end up exponentially worse over the next couple of hundred years. People have been saying the end was near for a long time.

From a non-religious perspective, or a religion I'm not familiar with, the world goes though its cycles. Humans may only be able to live on this planet for a fraction of its existence.

With the increasing ability to spread knowledge and information, it will feel like things are hitting closer to home than ever. When I was in elementary school, and the Berlin wall came down, I knew it was a big deal, but it didn't impact me much. If that happened today, with 24 hour coverage, it might feel like it was happening in my own backyard.

Of course, this doesn't negate the devastation and suffering we've been seeing all over this world lately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.