Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
~I ventured into a thrift store today after 2 1/2 months of staying away. I bought some books and fabric for $11 with my pocket money but the real deal was the jeans. I picked up 2 pairs of flawless, new-looking jeans by GAP and Tahari. I bought a pair of Tahari jeans at Marshall's last year and paid $40 for them. Most I've ever paid for jeans, but they fit fantastic and the original price was $200! Can you believe that? How much are GAP jeans, $40-$60? So for $7.88 I got 2 new pair of jeans(new=$250!:thud:) and a green silk top. Woooo-Hooooo!~

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Great deal! I am sitting here wearing a $1.00 pair of Lee Khakis (like new) from the last sale at the Goodwill. :)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Excellent deals! I love to get great clothes for a fraction of the original price:)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I never seem to have that kind of luck when it comes to clothes, but I do need to start looking for something appropriate for a wedding or funeral. All I have at this point is jeans and flannel shirts.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Wow you did get a great deal, I got a pair of Hollister jeans for $4, which I thought was great but you sure did get a better deal. :)

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Awesome deals!!!

We went to the thrift store yesterday (50% off Wednesdays) and got TONS of clothes for $30! Dd got 5 pairs of jeans (Aeropostle, Angel, Arizona, MUDD, & Old Navy) plus a pair of khaki ON capris & two tshirts. Oldest dd got three tshirts. Oldest ds got a pair of denim shorts. Youngest ds got a zip up hoodie w/ matching sweatpants and a pair of denim shorts. Oh and I got myself a NY & Co shortsleeve sweater.

I LOVE secondhand deals!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
OK. I've decided that the Goodwill here is cheating. They don't have sales and the prices here are NOTHING like you guys get. Their jeans are 7.99 (which, don't get me wrong is not bad, but you never get brands like you guys do, just old Walmart brands and Chic jeans from the 80s).

All women's tops (including just plain t-shirt types) are 5.99. But on the bright side, you can't beat the prices on their purses. I bought a green Liz Claiborne leather purse just exactly like one I had seen at Macys for 5.99. The Macy's price was over 50.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Great bargains ladies! :dancing:

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
lst nite i went to freenchies(thrift store), and found my oldest 2 long sleeve shirts(Ralph Lauren Polo-differnt colors) $2.50 each, like brand new).
Plus generic 2 pairs of swimming trunks, 3 tanktops, and 1 tshrt for $10.00.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i shop at the thrift stores all the time i use to work at one and i got so much clothing they sell the clothes 4 for 1.00 and i am waiting for the summer stuff to come out but i love second hand with the buget i live on it really helps out and love being frugal also get books 10 cents each hard backs 25 cents i am getting a good collection of books

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
boo boo--i know , i love getting the books cheap too. My kids love the yard sales when we go because theyre such avid readers. especially the youngest 10 b

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I got l.e.i jeans for 3$ nwtg, tag said 36$.
And I got a pair of new tommy hilfiger shoes for 1$

Normaly I never buy used shoes but these looked like they have never been woren so I thought for 1$ I woud take the risk.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
I love my yard sales around here too. I find if we go to the middle class house or new suburbs I find lots of brand name clothes cheap usually under $2.00.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
great deals! i have not been for so long, can't wait to start going again

1 - 19 of 19 Posts