1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
69 Posts
Over $1000 for a free-standing range? Yikes! A self-cleaning, black-on-black, electric, smooth top, range can be had for about $600 to $700. I'm not sure a convection oven is worth the extra money. Besides, I'd rather get a microwave / convection combo.

One day I am planning on buying an expensive range. I have my eye on the Maytag Gemini. It's the one with the little oven on the top. Since I so rarely use my large oven, I figure the little oven will be more frugal.

I'm sure the brands you picked will be fine. Just stay away from Frigidaire. I'm not impressed with that brand. I have a Whirlpool range and it's as good as any other. If you're going to spend $1000+ for a range, please make sure the extra features are worth it.

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We've studied the features and that is what we want. That is not the price we would pay. We have found them somewhere else much cheaper and also will get and additional 10% off. I just used the above links because they were the easiest for me to post at the time. The above are actually the most expensive price wise.

If anyone has experience with either of these, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
We have a jen-air stove (it was in the house when we bought it) it is a down draft stove that is built into an island...and LOVE it!!
I don't think I could go back....if some day we need to replace it it will be very expensive but well worth the cost I think...

I have no idea about Maytag

Eileen

·
Registered
312 Posts

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, we knew they were owned by the same company. The Jenn-Air has more features than the Maytag one is the only difference (besides price). I saw that on epinions, but sure wish I could find somewhere that people have actually written feedback about them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts