Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the company I work for is cutting at least 1600 jobs in the next couple of months. They've cut 3 or 4 jobs in our store ( Whole Foods Market) so far and a friend of mine in the Richmond, Va store just got laid off after 10 years with the company.

I've been told our department has "nothing to worry about" but i'll believe it when it's over. I've been there 8 years with the company. They are opening new stores and they are hoping the people they cut will move to other jobs to the cheaper stores. So far that's not working too well.

Worse case scenario ? If I am laid off, i'll get paid for 2 months, plus 2 weeks pay for each year I've been with the company. The bad part about that is that pesky little 401k loan I just started paying off :bang: If I don't pay that it's a tax liability !

Anyway, so far so good. I appreciate any prayers to good vibes send this way. I am slowly mapping out a strategy and keeping an eye out just in case :vs_sun:

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Yep er roo. Dh is laid off today. He lost his permanent job of 8 yrs. in Feb. to outsourcing and poor company management. Today he lost his at will work job because Amer. x couldnt get it together.
We been living on 50% due to sheer lack of trust. The service has nothing for him but I have 10 months Efund set aside. It was for cars and a furnace but too bad if needed its getting used. Got a big stockpile of dry goods and no debt.
Plan for the worst/hope for the best. In that order!!
Good luck. Just live like you are already getting cut.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts