Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man what is wrong with employers? do they not have maners or are they just imcompitent(sp sorry)?

i have been looking for work since 12\8\02 and have just found a temp part time job.its ok, just 9.00 an hour but its something..

im also trying to get hired at a local supermarket and have been to see them 4x and need to go back yet again.its really upscale and i would make almost as muchas my old job and they have benifits i dont have to pay for but man give me a break..

im so fed up. i cant find anything really good..im too determined to give up(completely) but why cant i get a break..thank god for extended unemployment..and the pt job will make it strech even further..

i have worked 2 weeks in total this whole year..and they say there is no recession..

just venting, im ok just really annoyed.i cant wait for this economy to pick up..i would like to be able to save money againand get off and stay off unemployment.. i have collected twice in the last 3yrs.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Good luck to you both. I hope you find something you enjoy and pays enough to survive on.

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
I wish you both the best of luck...keep your chins up..I hope you both find good jobs soon...I will be praying that you do.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Lots of luck to you!! I know how frustrating it can be but hang in there....something will come to you.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I wish you both luck. I know it must be getting to you. Vent all you want.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
That really stinks! It really got me PO'd to see the president on TV at a press conference last week and told the nation that the economy is picking back up. It wouldn't suprise me to see him in the unemployment line himself Jan 2005. He is just so clueless about the regular working person sometimes...

Anyways, I will keep both of you in my thoughts and hope you get a much deserved break real soon and can get back on you feet again:hugz:

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Sorry girls. I've also been job searching since 12/14/02.

It's so discouraging. I had a lady tell me yesterday not to take it personally. She said our town is very high for unemployment right now. That doesn't help much when you're about to lose your house and you can barely keep your phone on.

I have 8 weeks till my extended unemployment runs out. When is this gonna turn around and be happy days again?

·
Registered
20 Posts
We went through the lose the house, up root our DSs to a new school, a year ago. Now its Dh twin's turn, BIL wife also lost job. They have one month to get out of their home. But It has to get better for the Leafs. It cant get any worse? knock on wood.
Here is a wish for all of us on the boards. Please let us make it through what ever we are given & smile. we found this site.

·
27,948 Posts
Hope all of you looking for work find something real soon!:heartsm:

·
Registered
601 Posts
I know it is tough out there in the job market --I have several people that I know that have looking with no luck... I am sending lots of good vibes to you both in hopes that you can find a great job, SOON

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys, my one part time job if i get it will have major medical only but that will be a big help.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Good luck! you will be in my prayers. :wand: wish I could wave a wand and get the economy back faster!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear you guys are having trouble finding jobs :( I hope you find something soon. :hugz:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I'm sorry you are having such a rough time finding good work......
Employers don't want to pay money for qality help and we all suffer for it...... I have had to walk managers through an interview when I have applied.... Good luck, I hope things turn around soon..... for everyones sake......

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
i'm sorry you are having such a hard time finding a job. Have you tried a temp agency, nowdays a lot of companies don't hire people except through them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts