Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One line from Joel Osteen's service stood out for me this week...

"Sometimes our dreams are bigger than the environment we are in."

If we are in a circle where those around us aren't supportive of our dreams, than we need to re-adjust that circle until we have the right combination of people in our lives.

Sometimes family and friends can be so negative and intrude where we should have emotional boundaries setup. I confess I was guilty of not understanding those boundaries and I let my ex-husband and my family try to make me feel bad for dreaming big.

I am now divorced 3 years and have set boundaries and limits with my family and ya know what? My life is now filled with wonderful people who add to me not take away.

God Bless All of you to have that same strength and comfort... if you can dream it, you can do it.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I do agree with that statement. However our desires and dreams need to be place at God's feet and he will sort out and give us the ones that he truly means for us to have. It is hard to give our hopes and dreams to God, but if our heart desires are not in line with what God wants for us, it is all futile. Blessings..Kathy

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are so right Kathy. When I reread that post, I think I felt angry about what has been done to me and what I have allowed others to do.

I think I need to practice humbly sitting at God's feet and feel comfortable in stillness to wait for answers to unfold.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts