Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The "american taliban" pleads guilty to two charges, gets a maximum 20 years in prision. What do you think?

I think that the US is better off not having to try him, and there was probably not enough evidence to convict him of the "major" charges .. like the death of the CIA agent.

I'm okay with the 20 years

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I think he should have received a stiffer sentence. Twenty years just doesn't seem like enough time for what he did. Some people have used the argument that he was only 20 years old, so he wasn't mature enough to know the consequences of his actions. There are plenty of people even younger than Johnny Walker Lindh, fighting in Afghanistan for the U.S. I think his parents are partly responsible for his behaviour , they allowed him to take off at the age of 16, to study Isalm, across the world. I wonder if he would have received such a light sentence if he had been born to a working class family. Jmho. Thanks , Bevv for the interesting topic!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Personaly I think he needs a much stiffer sentence but since he is getting 20 years

Personaly I think he needs a much stiffer sentence but since he is getting 20 years I will have to live with that!!
What gets me his this guy is close to my age and I would never go off the deep end like he has done and forsake his own family let alone his own Country to Fight for a organazation that should not even Be in My Mind!!

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
I am so relieved that he will not be tried. That trial would bring out the worst of every special interest militant crazy group out there. I am so uncomfortable with the state of things right now.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I think he deserved much worse. :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.