Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Thanks for the link. I have been going to the local bakery more and the smaller grocers. I think they are having better prices trying to keep their doors open. Plus I love the butcher area of the local store, they still show the cutting of the meat just like when I was a kid. I shop krogers and Walmart only for things I know what the prices are and after the holidays for gifts, wrap and etc.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I live in a really small town and I also use the businesses in my town as much as I can. Plumber, roofer, lawn guy, snow guy, electrician, etc. Gotta keep my little town afloat! There are so many closed store fronts and empty houses....

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I Googled "cash mob Detroit" and found one there or, you could organize one yourself.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Great article - thanks Russ.

Personally I buy most of my meat at the local butcher shop, bread at the bakery, flowers at the local flower shop and fish at the fishmonger. On top of everything else the service is 100 x better.

I truly believe that it is important to support small businesses.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Interesting idea but how many of those 'mob' shoppers will go back?

·
8,714 Posts
~I think these mobs work not just to get those people in the store that day, but to create a media event. It *should* work as an advertisement on everyone who didn't attend the mob and get more shoppers to visit just by the exposure.
It'd be interesting to see data on it but this is a very new movement.~

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Nice idea. Did anyone read the rules on the their website? In order for a business to receive the help they need from the cash mob, they must be "within one block of a drinking hole." ???? I hope with all of the media attention they're getting, they will receive some flack on that ridiculous rule.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Thanks for the link our local pharmacy could use something like this!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Thanks Russ........

I was reading about this too...........think it is a great idea.

We have a couple local farm stores and one neat old hardware store that I am sure are probably hurting with this economy.

Haven't heard about any in our area..........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts