Frugal Village Forums banner
81 - 100 of 414 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am definitely. I'm lousy when it comes to gardening veggies and herbs, but really good at flowers and bushes. I live in San Diego so we can grow pretty much year round and that makes it more difficult for me. I haven't a clue as to where to start.

One good thing for me. As soon as my husband is out of the house I can do anything I want as long as it's not uprooting the trees. :)

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Going to send off for some White Tomatoes to try this summer.
They will look soooo weird to me.:D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Can I still join? I'm new at gardening here in FL., tried last year but didn't do to well :( so have to rethink my growing down here. I bought a bunch of gardening in Fl books so maybe I can figure it out. I'm getting excited since I've been stuck in apartments for so long and now I finally have room to grow anything I want, just have to figure out where to start. :smball:

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Wow, so many ladies joining. I'm sorry I didn't notice you all earlier. I extend a warm welcome to pepper, kelly, cindy, eulac, holly and debbie. :)

We have a seed and cutting exchange operating now, ladies. Please take advantage of it. We have many experienced gardened here. I'm sure we can answer all our questions.

Good luck with your gardens. I'm sure you'll have many happy hours growing food and enjoying the outdoors.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Yay! I'm in! I had a small garden last year (my first) and learned alot from it. I can't wait to start again!!!

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
mermaid59 said:
I'd like to join also.....

Is there a section on water gardens? I've got some experience with that :cool:
There is on homesteadgarden.com, but not here. You can still post anything you'd like garden related here though.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I'd love to join your garden club!

I won't be of much help to anyone yet (just learning.) I'm seriously thinking of doing a small veggie garden this year as well as some flowers/plants.
I use to do flower gardening, but its been several years.
I have lots to learn & I'm very eager!

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Hi missy, cathy and kim. Welcome to the gardening club. Dive right in with your questions and take advantage of the seed exchange. Don't forget to share your plans with us and if you need help with your garden, just ask.

Cathy, you can share your water garden experience with the ladies here and Sara has another excellent site that has a water gardens section http://www.homesteadgarden.com/

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Sign me up Rhonda.
I use to have a garden back east years ago and tried to plant one here this year, didn't do too well though. I'm going to try it again!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I'd like to join, too, please! I have been growing flowers, herbs, and veggies for the last several years. I like to try different varieties and ways of growing things in less space.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
ME! ME! ME!!!! I want to join!! I have a degree in horticulture, so I know a little bit, but mostly about warm weather gardening, zones 7-10. But I know A LOT about subtropical gardening, so I can help there.

Also, think about having a seed round robin in the fall. Everyone can be gathering their seeds now, and saving them so we can send out the round robin when it gets colder.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I'd like to join too. I'm just learning and have only tried flowers so far. I think I'm in zone 3 but not sure(southern alberta).

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'd like to join! I'm zone 6 and this year have tomatoes, green bell peppers and purple eggplant.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I'm no good, but would like to be in it.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I would like to join in please--I love gardening. I really envy you folks that live in Florida and get to garden year round. I wish I knew how to post pictures to show what I have done so far.

Dixie Jean

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Id like to be a part of this club - I helped grow my bionic zuchinni's this season and will do so next year as well! :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Please count me in also!

I'm in zone 7 & love to grow tropical ornamentals, flowers, and some veggies. I plan to add herbs soon.

81 - 100 of 414 Posts