Frugal Village Forums banner

JOIN OUR GARDENING CLUB

58K views 413 replies 273 participants last post by  patra 
#1 ·
Good news.  We are bringing back the Gardening Club, complete with its own watering can logo. :)

I'd love to make this a really busy forum where we can exchange gardening ideals and information, and sometimes seeds and plants.  We might also be able to exchange gardening magazines and books.  We'll see how it developes.

Please send me any ideas you have for the club.  I'm happy to hear your suggestions.  I'd also like to enlist the help of someone who has a bit of experience in cool climate gardening.  I'd like to have someone who can answer my questions about north american regulations etc.  Please PM if you're interested.

We'll have a competition soon, only club members will be allowed to enter, so get busy, get your watering can installed and we'll get going on making our gardens as good as they can be.

To join the gardening club, just respond to this thread.

#102 ·
Can I join too? I'm in Zone 4 and am big on perennial gardening.
We are currently putting a pond in our backyard...still needs lots of work.

#103 ·
I'd love to join! I just responded to a thread about what usda zone are you in? I'm in zone 7. I'm hooked on gardening. Next year I'm going to try to grow pumkins. My husband and I are also checking into getting apple trees to plant now. I'll let you all know how it goes!

#104 ·
Oooh, can I join, too? My family makes horrible fun of my gardening skills (I blame the funky weather and the squirrels/raccoons/skunks and other wild critters) but occasionally things do grow. I'm in Zone 5, 1 mile up.

#105 ·
I would love to join. I haven't been on Frugal village for over a year but I'm planning on participating a lot this year.

#106 ·
Sign me up scotty! I don't have the first clue :confused: about how to start a garden but we FINALLY have a house w/a yard where we can plant stuff! I hated gardening when I was younger b/c my mom made me weed her garden when I was in trouble ( think I still have about 23 hours left but it won't ever get done!:umbrella:)

I am willing to learn & I seriously want a great veggie garden but I will need all the help I can get!

Kim

#107 ·
Please add me too! I have been in love with veggie gardening and composting for a few years now. Waiting on my carrots to mature right now, pulling the rest of my tomatoes off every few days and brought my herbs in (basil is not happy). I'd love to share ideas!

#108 ·
I would also like to join. I grew up gardening out of necessity, but love it. I just bought three trees today , at walmart over 1/2 off. A semidwarf navel, avacado, and meyer lemon $9.99 each. I compost and try natural pest control and weed control, for the most part.

#112 ·
I want to join also! Actually I would be better able to tell people how NOT to grow plants than what to do but I'm learning..... Right now i'm experimenting with growing garlic.

Kim

#114 ·
I would like to join the Gardening Club, and live in Zone 6.

Moved into this house late Summer 2006 and have worked on clearing and cleaning out the overgrown landscaping. Put in flower beds :sun:in the front, stone paths from front to back yards, planted some fruit and nut trees, and built up my compost piles.

I BARELY started digging out for my back yard veggie beds.... That is my Spring/Summer challenge along with planting my first ever Veggie Garden:tom::carrot::clover:.

Yeah!!! I cannot wait.... :glass: I'm reading and reading and learning and learning....:read:

#115 ·
I'd love to join the gardening club. I'm zone 10 with tons of rain and humidity. My pooor roses! Everything molds and mildews here. Great for composting though! lol

#116 ·
Please add me to the club, thanks!!

#117 ·
Oops, I am in Zone 4 according to National Gardening Association. Is that what you use to determine your zone?

#119 ·
Time for me to join a club! I've been gardening with and without success for the past 4 years. I always want to plant more than I have space for though and never seem to get the bountiful crop I hope for. I just keep on trying. :)

#120 ·
I'd love to join the Garden Club! I've seen some fantastic ideas here & can't wait to try them out!

#123 ·
We just bought a new house with no gardens, everything is overgrown so I'm starting from scratch. It's going to be hard work. Today I built a little garden with rock surrounds, put in some top soil and compost and planted some seeds

#124 ·
I'd like to join the Gardening Club too. I need all the advice I can get, since I plan to do this for the first time. I have been plotting this out for a while now -

I am in for the advice and motivation!

#125 ·
I'm joining in too! I have been drawing out my garden for the spring over and over and over........it'll be our first spring in our new home, and I just can't get started soon enough!!

#126 ·
Rhonda...
Add me! This is our first year in our new home and our yard needs EVERYTHING!!!! I can't wait to get started!!!! I've already been pawing over all the garden catalogs dreaming of what I can plant as soon as I am able to break ground! I love this idea!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.