Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know from my other posts I have had a lot on my plate recently. DD#1 will be graduating in the next fewweeks from our Community College with a degree in Office Information Technology with Legal Emphasis and has worked part-time at a Corporate Law Office for 2 years. Well, she needed a full time job and the firm she works now didn't have any available. She saw a legal secretary/paralegal position help wanted ad in the paper, and sent her resume. They called her, she went for an interview, and was hired. She begins at $23,000 a year, but with no health benefits. She will buying her own health insurance through Anthem Ins. and it is very reasonable and affordable for her. Her working hours are 8-4, with 8 paid vacation/sick days a year, it is a beautiful office area, free garage parking, with a few other perks. It is located in a small beautiful town close to home. There are 2 lawyers and they are plaintiff lawyers. So, she will be doing different types of law then she has in the past. The lawyer called here today for her while she was at school, and told me how impressed he was with her interview and professionalism. She sent a thank you note to him after the interview, and mentioined it to me. She will not be getting rich, but I think it is a fair salary for her to start with, and she will be learning more in depth law for her future. I am so relieved about this. Thanks for letting me brag.

·
Registered
579 Posts
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

I am so glad she got a job and it sounds like she will gain alot of experience.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Wow that's great! :) You should be so proud.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
That's wonderful news :)!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
How exciting! It sounds like a great opportunity for her!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Congratulations to your DD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts