Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jumbo Peanut Butter Cookies

Recipe Description
These are the best gigantic Peanut butter cookies ever! I took them to a charity bake sale auction, and fetched $10 for a plate of 5 cookies! That is how good they are!​
Preparation Steps:
Heat oven to 375.​
Level of Difficulty:
Easy​
Time Needed:
20 minutes​
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups of chocolate chips (I used white choc chips once and they were so good)​
Serves:
2 dozen​
Directions:
Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, beat together butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add both sugars; beat until light in color, scraping down sides of the bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Stir in flour mixture. With a wooden spoon, stir in both kinds of chips. With floured hands (very important...floured hands make it so much easier), press 1/4 cup of dough into 3 inch discs and place on ungreased cookie sheet (use a measuring cup for this...it ensures that all your cookies are the same side and cook evenly). Bake cookies in 375 degree oven for about 16-18 minutes (recipe says 16-18...in my oven, I have to adjust time and I only bake for 13 minutes to get them perfect). Let stand on sheets for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks.

These cookies are best warm and can even be toasted for 15-20 seconds to warm them up!​

·
Registered
960 Posts
Thanks! I love peanut butter cookies!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Oh my...these sound perfect! I was looking around for a really good peanut butter cookie recipe...and here it is...Thanks so much for sharing this!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks, these look so good. DH and I are on a diet right now, but I need some cookies for the kids lunches so this will work.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Thanks Dh loves Pb cookies I'll have to make some!

·
19,119 Posts
OMG - they sound so wonderful!! Wonder how it would be to add some walnuts too? Shall add them to my recipe collection and make them when we've been really really good!! Mahalo!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts