Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
3,039 Posts
I was thinking that sewing room sounded too small after what you had mentioned in the past lol Sounds like you two are thinking of all the issues and what you need. sounds like fun! fingers crossed all goes well.

Yes bad repairs like that are common.. remember the neighbour spending $20k on new roof and straighten front porch (they had updated windows etc before) hoping it wouldn't get torn down but yet old house low basement and turns out sump pump was sitting in bucket and hot water tank or something just drained into dirt foundation.. think bigger issues. was a waste cus was torn down. Probably someone said they would fix and no one looked.

last big thing on our list too rewire house .. the basement needs drywalling etc too but that is the big thing. and some plumbing. original wiring mostly.

· Registered
3,039 Posts
Smart to reuse what you have! That is a cool idea for the laundry sink. I miss my old cement laundry sink..now plastic. Does your resale shop have an online website because they started that here so you could see cabinets etc online? or craigslist? here people post free cabinets or this or that but the idea is that you are doing their demo for them and they think they are doing you a favour. But I am sure something will come up for you! advantage of time

· Registered
3,039 Posts
that is a cool look. can you do the over the island rack for hanging pots and pans? Well at least you have time to see what comes up for sale in stores etc. I went and looked at the restore website well lets say not up to date by any standards.

yes dh was why a laundry tub even when he didn't live w me lol when he got his townhouse. then when we moved here w the cement one so sturdy. think he got it when the neighbour came to visit and was omg you have it ..I never should have gotten rid of mine when we remodeled. There was a beautiful 2 sink one in the house that came down where we got the newish furance etc. but dh said we couldn't get it out. my old one is still in the backyard. I keep an eye out!

· Registered
3,039 Posts
nice you got to get in there to measure and make plans! maybe you need a dehumifier for the church?

our cement laundry sink cracked so why we don't have it. but one of those things in old house that just get wrecked with the house so not easy to find but not that we are running around and looking either. I wanted our old iron tub for a pond but it had to be cut in half to get out of the house.

· Registered
3,039 Posts
That bulletin board would be great for projects! hopefully they leave it.

No we didn't do it, the guys did it when we were gone. The bathroom got gutted. not that we have a big one only as wide as a tub lol so went out the window I think over the tub or maybe the door. not a nice one like clawfoot just molded w a updated cover on it. The sink well the drain died or something but talking like 70yr old sink.

They did find a 1949 calendar behind the wall paneling in the bathroom lol the kind w big picture but little pull off months.

· Registered
3,039 Posts
lol isn't funny you can date when things were built or updated from the decor. we have knotty pine some in basement (old owners didn't really use basement) but ds room (their old den) 2nd bedroom is covered in it. sm room could be enlarged a couple of inches if we took it down lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts