Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
984 Posts
I like to put tape on a floor or cardboard cut outs, to make sure I have room to move and bend over to get stuff as I do floorplans. For my house, the floor wasn't big enough so i used bits of scrap lumber on the ground to mark out rooms and doors and etc. It was kind of fun. Even put a chair there to pretend sit in my living room. Floorplanning is fun!

· Registered
984 Posts
sounds like you are making strides in planning! That's great.
Perhaps this will seem morbid to other people, but my plan for pantry storage is this "book case coffin"...looks like it will fit my jars nicely

Then when I croak, chuck the food,and stuff me in Plant Bookcase Shelf Property Furniture

· Registered
984 Posts
I recently bought a couple rolls of "ram board" (stiff cardboard that protects floors...) and now with massive construction delays (more on that elsewhere), I have all this nice stiff cardboard that I may not need. I'm thinking it will be excellent for cutting window sizes and fake furniture/fixtures out of...like how big is a toilet really and do I have room for a shower and/or tub in the odd bathroom that seemed like a good idea years ago. If you need to protect floors anyway, one could put that down and grab chalk for the moved walls etc, door swing space (sounds like previous occupants weren't super good at accounting for door swing space).

I like thick cardboard cutouts for furniture too.

· Registered
984 Posts
I throw a rubber tub on my foldy cart like that. And I've gotten used to swinging the back end (heh heh) wide to make turns. I use mine to haul stuff in and out of storage and for small stuff, grocery bags, and keeping slush of everything, the rubber tub helps and seems to be fairly stable.
I also got one of these sleds for outdoor hauling at my property. I can use it on snow or grass all year:
Boat Watercraft Plant Liquid Fruit

The one I got is pretty small, the size of 1 bale of straw. They make smaller too. I no longer want a garden cart. This is a bit harder to haul around, but it does NOT run down the hill the minute I let go. even in snow it has sticking power. I've had it 5 years and other than replacing the tow-rope, it's been perfect.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts