Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..all by myself! :dazed: I'm so proud, I googled the instructions, went to Lowes and dadaaa!

So.. If I can do it, so can you!!

·
27,948 Posts
:rockon: Good for you!

·
Registered
933 Posts
man why didn't i think of that? i have a hole that has been fixed before, but somehow keeps getting knocked back open. i need to learn to do it myself...

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Awesome job! You Go Girl!

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Girl power I have learned that if I want something done I just have to give it a try, besides I dont think you could have made it any worse.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Isn't it a good feeling to be able to do some of those repairs yourself!!?? Good for you!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Good for you!!!!!!! I love being able to do things myself. I didn't do any of the framing when DH and DF(ather) framed our extension, but hubby didn't have the patience to do the spackling so I got to learn. Learned hoe to make a blowout patch for the holes in the walls from scrap drywall while learning the spackling thing. Very empowering. I learned to hang tile and work the wet saw too. This doesn't take muscle, it takes patience, more my cup of tea than hubby's.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Thats asome! I have two holes around here, I'm not sure if dh will ever get them patched. I will take a look at lowes and see if this is something I can tackle. Thanks for the inspiration. I would love to paint the bathroom, but I can't until the hole is patched.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update on the drywall: well the patching worked, meaning it hasn't come off. I basically bought a piece of drywall at Lowes (about $5) and our landlord had left some spackling in the garage. Also had to buy one of those saws that cut drywall. The problem is that I didn't finish it smooth enough and have to refinish it and then repaint. I want to do this in the next week so that when my mom comes here she won't have to ask why there was a hole there in the first place, I'm too embarrased to tell. :D

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
You go Girlie! That is great, think of all the money you saved by doing it yourself.

Now you know all the inquiring minds (mine especially, LOL) are wondering just how you got a hole in your wall :) .

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Umm.. I got frustrated with something that was on my way in a super stressful moment. It was supposed to fly down the stairs nicely but hit the wall instead. :lol: But hey, I learned my lesson! No more throwing stuff.

·
Registered
467 Posts
You can take sand paper and sand that spackle smooth! Pretty easy, but it's dusty! Good luck. Might want to prime it before painting. :invisible

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Spackle should be done in three coats and go larger than the hole so that you can feather it down with sanding or if your really good just a damp sponge after the first coat. (I'm not that good****sigh****) I sand lots, LOL, but it looks nice when done. I second the primer over the spackle, before the paint. Paint tends to bubble when applied over spackle without primer. It doesn't always happen but I'd be safe and use the primer or ya might be painting again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts