Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope nobody minds but I've been thinking about some people at the village and I carry a card around in my purse called 'Just for today'

I believe there is alot of wisdom in this little card and if it helps just one person it will have been worth it.

Just for Today

Just for today I will try to live through this day only, and not tackle my whole life problem at once. I can do something for twelve hours that would appal me if I felt that I had to keep it up for a lifetime.

Just for today I will be happy. Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.

Just for today I will adjust myself to what is, and not try to adjust everything to my own desires. I will take my 'luck' as it comes, and fit myself to it.

Just for today I will try to strengthen my mind. I will study. I will learn something useful. I will not be a mental loafer. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration.

Just for today I will excercise my soul in three ways: I will do somebody a good turn, and not get found out: if anybody knows of it, it will not count. I will do at least two things I don't want to do - just for excercise. I will not show anyone that my feelings are hurt: they may be hurt, but today I will not show it.

Just for today I will be agreeable. I will look as well as I can, dress becomingly, talk low, act courteously, criticise not one bit, not find fault with anything and not try to improve or regulate anybody except myself.

Just for today I will have a programme. I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it. I will save myself from two pests: hurry and indesicision.

Just for today I will have a quite half hour all by myself, and relax. During this half hour, sometime, I will try to get a better perspective of my life.

Just for today I will be unafraid. Especially I will not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful, and to believe that as I give to the world, so the world will give to me.

Published by Alcoholics Anonymous

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thank you so much-it is really a wonderful thought:angel:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
That is a lovely poem Bev. Thanks for sharing it with us.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
That really is lovely...... Thanks Bev !!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Very nice Bev. Thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts