Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:tache: Whew! I'm glad that is OVER WITH! I'm still very numb right now. I told my dentist to supersize the novocaine, please :D

Hoping to have little residual pain. I took the whole day off of work and glad I did. It was painless but nerve-wracking.

I talked to the front desk girl, she said our insurance *should* cover everything. I'm hopeful, but last time they told us that last year, my DH had a bunch of work done, and we ended up owing $800.

The good news is, I have no debt, and I have an EF so if there is a portion I have to pay, it won't kill me like it would have when I had alot of CC debt.

I'm hungry but too numb to eat yet.

·
27,948 Posts
Hope you haven't pain or a dental bill on the way.;) Lol about the supersize.;)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I just had one a couple of months ago. I am glad you are still numb, so no pain yet. I had minimal pain after the novicaine wore off, it seemed minimal compared to the pain the bad tooth had caused me. I hope your insurance covers it. I have paid $800 so far out of pocket for the root canal and when I get the crown put in it's going to be another $900 (I am waiting for a few months, keeping my fingers crossed I can find a job that offers dental insurance before I get the crown put on.) I hope you feel better, I think I took a nap after the stress of having my root canal (plus I couldn't eat for awhile), it is a very nerve wracking procedure, not painful though, thank goodness :).

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I had a root canal a while ago, I hated it but didnt have to pay for it thank goodness, sure glad it's over with :)

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Can you have a milkshake or ice cream? Root canals aren't that bad (I've had two) compared to what people say. I don't remember having much pain afterwards. Hope everything goes well and you don't have to pay for anything.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Bless your heart. Hubby just had one done a few weeks ago and he had very little pain afterwards. Hoping also that your insurance covers the entire bill.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
root canals don't sound fun at all. take it easy.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Glad to hear that it is over with now. Sending you {{{no pain vibes}}} and {{{no bill}}} vibes. :)

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
i have decided that the cost of a root canal and the crown are way to much for me, so at my age i just have them pulled when ever i can, every one i have had done has had to have been pulled anyway. jmho

1 - 9 of 9 Posts