Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to take my dh to the ER last night. He was having extreme abdominal pain. Well he has a bad case of gall stones! They have been there so long there is calcium build up all around them. They saw them on the CAT scan! :(

I just made him take a pain pill and go to bed. After I make some calls I'll be headed to bed too, I'm pooped, been up since 4 am yesterday! Long drive home, we are 40 minutes from the nearest hospital!

Now he has to be on a low fat diet, so I will be looking for all your recipes in another thread! :)

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this!! I hope he gets better soon!!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Daphne. I think I am so overtired now I can't sleep! :(

BTW, how is your finger? I hope it is healing up well. We miss your posts, but don't want you to do any more damage wait until it is completely healed! :hugz:

·
27,948 Posts
So sorry to hear this Dee.
My sil just had surgery for this very problem a few weeks ago and she feels SO much better. Hope your sweetie is feeling like his old self soon.
Give Jack my best and tell him he'd better listen to you (take meds etc.) or else!;)

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I've heard they are very painful. What a night! I hope he is feeling better soon and that you get some rest.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Darlene, I will! ;)

But I have to tell you, he isn't a pleasant patient! Actually my family has a pet name for him too: Bear With A Sore A$$!!! :laugh:

They have actually given him little teddy bears with bandaids on thier rumps for gifts!! :D

Right now his is okay because he is full of meds, can't wait till they wear off, NOT!!!! :crackup:

Well, it does explain all the pain he has been having lately. I'll be getting him an appointment with a surgeon later today. He definatly has to have surgery according to the ER doc. He said normally you can't see them with a CAT scan, only with an ultrasound. So that means they are pretty bad. :(

This comes first, then he has to have a cataract removed. He is NOT thrilled with that one!!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
You must be so tired Diana! Are the stones gone? Or will he need surgery? Gallstones are so painful...my dh also had some a few months ago. Keep us updated and take care of yourself.:hugz: Try to get some sleep...

Lucie:)

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Sara and Lucie, I will eventually, probably after I wind down. Night shift for all those years stood me in good stead for that one! I wasn't even tired until we were a couple of miles from home! :)

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Diana I hope you were able to get some rest. I'm so sorry to hear your dh isn't well. Hopefully he can have surgery quickly and be on his way to full recovery quickly.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Funny how we are ready to go in a crisis, and warn out the very minute things get better......... I hope you both get lots of rest today and dh gets feeling better...

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks CJ! :)

You ladies are the BEST!!

·
DebbieBob
1,692 Posts
Diana I hope your hubby is feeling better. I had this surgery done 7 years ago, After its over he will feel great again!!

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Oh, Diana, I am so sorry to hear this!! Hope you got some sleep and your DH is not a bear this morning!!;) Hoping he's feeling some better soon!

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Oh Diana, I'm sorry to hear about dh's pain. It IS very painful, hopefully he can have the laser surgery-otherwise (don't tell him this) the surgery is very painful too (compaired to a hysterectomy, back surgery, tonsilectomy, appendectomy....). He will feel much better once he recovers. Hope its soon! Rest up, you may need it ;)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Dee- here's hoping to a speedy recovery for his sake and yours!!:D

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Diana, Tell dh I feel for him! I had this problem a few years ago and had my gallbladder removed at that time. It was not a fun experience.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I hope he's feeling better,soon. I'm laughing at your description of the bear, with bandaids!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you for all your well wishes ladies. :) He is doing okay, still in some pain, but the pain med is working to help that. Believe it or not, he is pretty mellow still. Either it is the med or relief that he finally knows what the pain is from. I've been trying to get him to a doc for a long time and he wounldn't go. MEN!!! :grrr:

I finally layed down around 12:30!! and was up by 5. Still tired but I'll survive.

I reread the paper work we got from the hospital, he has to been on a NO FAT diet at least for a few days. So it looks like lots of fruits and veggies, rice and boiled potatoes. Not a lot of flavor, but we (he!) will survive. Good thing we like all that stuff.

Called the surgeon, we have an appointment Wednesday morning with the same doctor who did his appendectomy about 10 years ago. That is how long it has been since he saw a doctor!!! :eek:

I'll keep you updated as to what the doc has to say.

Thank you again, you ladies are wonderful!! :hugz:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Diana, ask him about non surgical methods..... I think they can crush those with sound impulses while you are in water. It's non-invasive. They are crushed to dust........

1 - 20 of 23 Posts