Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this freezer - and love it. Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

I have a standard refrigerator/freezer with a small freezer on top. Needed extra freezer space but not a huge freezer and I didn't want a chest freezer where I'd have to be digging around in the bottom to find stuff. Love this one - it's narrow enough that it fit right into a nook in my kitchen. It's pretty quiet. The one con is that it isn't self defrosting, so once a year I'll have to defrost it, but for the price it couldn't be beat. The reviews were also really good. It's helped out immensely. I belong to an organic farm and get veggies all summer long - so many that I have to freeze and can some. Also, I love to bake at the holidays, so now I have space for stuff I freeze. And I have more room so that when I get stuff on sale I can stock up and still have room for other stuff.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I'm excited for you. You will definately love having it to use.

I recently got a 12 cubic foot upright freezer and love it. As you, I only had the freezer above my refrigerator all of these years.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Congrats! You will save so much $ in the long run. :)

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
For long term freezer storage I wouldn't want self defrosting as it will freezer burn the food faster.

I wouldn't buy one that was SD. JMHO
I have one that is SD and I agree with you. I'd love to replace it with a frost free one but that's not in our financial plan at the moment. So that said, having a SD beats the heck out of not having one at all! :)

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Congratulations!
Mine aren't defrosting either, it makes me go through them every once in awhile!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting - I didn't know SD made the food get freezer burn faster...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts