Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dear friend and I were talking today about finances as we often do. She said that she was paying her property tax on the CC waiting for a check to come in and then she'd "pay herself back". Then she said that she has gotten a few letters from her credit card companies (not sure how many, she didn't say) saying that they were lowering her limit because of outstanding debts and having so many debtors. She completely interpreted it as "I haven't been using that card as much, so they are lowering my limit." She then said that she hopes I would win the lottery so I can move into her development. I know she meant no harm by this, but I just had to smile as I realized how much more financially sound I am (thanks in great part to all you folks and your wonderful advice). Her house and stuff are both things I would like to have, but the financial peace of mind I have been beginning to enjoy is so much better. So, I am hoping that I didn't sound like I was bashing my friend (and please don't anyone else, either), I smile because I have you all who understand and encourage me to do the right thing. So thank you, thank you, thank you!

Reactions: mauimagic

·
Registered
217 Posts
There is not one thing that I bought when I incurred all of my debt that makes me as happy as paying it off! FV has really been a big part of that with words of encouragement and chatting with people of the same mind set. Keep up the good work!

·
19,119 Posts
Although I feel as if I'll always be a work in progress on one level or another - that's okay because I am daily getting closer to my goals!! Mahalo for the sharings and support!!

Reactions: missyali
1 - 4 of 4 Posts