Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in for a week this time coming off prednisone, before then I had been isolating for a few months not reaching out of my discomfort. My diagnosis has changed to schizo-affective disorder, a combination of thought disorder and mood disorder.I have stopped drinking alcohol and caffeine and it helps a little so far.We believe my son may have aspergers or some spectrum disorder, and caring for him is a challenge, so with my mental disabilities and his behavior, sometimes I feel like I will lose my mind. Sometimes just day to day activity can be too much for me, I have a prescription PRN that I am loathe to take except when nothing else will help.(xanax or valium). He was very good today and we went to the library where they had a program with baby bunnies for kids three and up( he turned three in january)and he was so gentle and loving with the bunnies, he said "I love you bunny" it was very cute.A priceless human moment.I think I am about all over the place in this post, and I apologize I have trouble organizing my thoughts.I have had some trials these past few years and frugality has taken the back burner for a time...I hope I can begin again on a good path,take care of my family etc...thanks for this forum where I could vent-

patty

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Big hugs patra :hugz:

Reactions: patra

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Hang in there and *big hug. *

I hope you find all the support you need for you and your family. :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
GIANT <HUGS> to you Patra and your precious 3 year old!! Good luck to you!!

·
19,119 Posts
What a blessing your DS is and will continue to be in your life. Please take care of yourself - looking forward to more posts from you!!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
hugs to you and your son.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
It is hard to take care of a child on the spectrum and have any kind of disability yourself. Hugs to you. My son has Aspergers and I have seizures. Some days are very very hard. Just take ea. day at a time.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Life can come at you 90 miles an hour sometimes. Just know that you can vent here comfortably.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Sure am glad you were able to get the help that you so desperatley need.

please stay well

:)

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
:grouphug2:

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
God bless you and your son and Big hugs to you both

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Big hugs Patra! :hugz:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I'm so happy that you had such a good day out with you little guy. I'm sure it was vey healing for both of you! Maybe you've discovered something (like the bunny), that you can make more plans around. Do you live near a petting zoo or even a pet shop?

I can't help but think that being around the animals might be very therapeutic. I don't know alot about aspergers, but what you said about his reaction struck a chord, and I can't help but wonder about it. And I'm very sure his behavior has a HUGE effect on your own anxieties.

I hope for more precious times between you and your son. Please keep us posted. We'll all be thinking of you here at the FV.:grouphug2

Remember to live one day and moment at a time!

Theresa :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts