Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I've been laid up, I've worked on a lot of crafts/sewing/quilting, etc. The last few days, I've cleaned out my cupboard and organized my stash of scraps and larger cuts of fabric.

I found a large piece of polar/arctic fleece. It's 60 inches wide by nearly 3 yards long. It is bright, Pepto-Bismol, PINK! We'll skip why I felt the need to buy it (long ago) and move on to: What do I do with it now?

I'm thinking of making a couple girly baby quilts. The calico side would be a basic pattern, probably just squares, and somewhat scrappy. Could I use the fleece as a 2-in-1 ... that is as both batting and backing? If so, does anyone know how it quilts? I'm thinking that it might quilt poorly, in which case, I could tie the quilt. Also what about binding? I'm thinking that it might be difficult to bind. I thought about using purchased silky blanket binding (have to check the price on that). Or maybe I shouldn't bind it, but rather just sew the top to the bottom, right sides in, flip it right side out and finish the hole.

Any experience with using fleece in quilting?

TIA!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
sounds nice and soft!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts