Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a coupon for pretzel sticks, you know the monster ones. I was just thinking that it would be fun and maybe inexpensive to dip them in chocolate and then maybe red, white and blue sprinkles if I can find them, bu the chocolate at least ( for Nicole's party) Can I just use chocolate chips melted or would it chip off???

Im trying to study and I miss the village terrible so every chapter or so, I check back in ;)

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I don't know if it would work but it sure does sound good!!!:smball: :smball: :smball:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I think it may work better with almond bark...

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Hi Robin! :) I hope your studying goes well! Will you be finished soon, so that you may have more time to be with us?....

...Your idea with the pretzel sounds very good!:chef:

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Chocolate chips should work, especially if you have them in the cupboard already, kwim. Instead of buying sprinkles you an use food coloring to dye sugar or coconut.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
It sounds like a really neat idea!! Let us know how they turn out!!:)

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Try mixing a tablespoon of shortening with the chocolate when you melt it. It should help the consistency and help it stick to the pretzel better.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have done that before and it works, I have used the kind of chocolate you melt for candies and regular chocolate chips and both have worked well and it hasn't chipped off...

Eileen

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I do mine the same way as quiltermom- just add a tablespoon or so of crisco to the chocolate & melt.

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
I melt down the chocolates you use for molds in my Pyrex measuring cup in the microwave, run the chocolate up the side, then roll a pretzel stick in it so 1/2 of the pretzel is covered, wait about 30 seconds to let that start to set, the roll lightly in sprinkles. I then set them in a goblet to cool so you don't get the one flat side you get when you cool on paper. I put these out on a dessert buffet table in wine glasses, chocolate side up and it looks really nice, just keep out of the sun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts