Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so angree with him last night. He is grounded for 1 week for pulling his little prank!

Then I sort of felt bad, He has been asking me if he could join the Village too. I told him he was too young, His response "I'm too young to learn how to save as much as I can, and learn to be frugal?" What can I say to that?

He said he PM'd Sara to beg her not to boot him. LOL!

This child of mine is something else. He also wanted to know if everyone in the Village hated him or were they mad at him for doing what he did. I told him I didn't think you all were mad at him, just a bit dissapointed in his actions. Even if his actions were just a joke.

I'm wondering if Sara can add a forum for the kids to join and hang out?

Like Daniel oops kaci 14 said, You're never too young to learn to be frugal.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Daniel,

We don't hate you, we like you very much! :D . That was a mean trick to play on your poor little Mom, it sounds like she was pretty angry at you about it. I always tell my kids that if you do something wrong but you learn a lesson from it, it is an experience that is not totally wasted, and it sounds like you will have a week to reflect on it.

I am so proud of you for wanting to learn to save money and learn to be more frugal. I bet most kids in your class would not even know the meaning of the word frugal. We are happy to have you here!

Now you be nice to your Mom! LOL.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Good idea Ellise
and I do not think we hate him or are angry.
After I found out it was a joke, I did think it was a tad funny.
He is right its best to learn frugal young.
I just worry about some of the other stuff, like the depression forums.

For the record, Danny sounds like a great kid and if last night is the worst thing he does, we will all be proud of him!
A whole week huh??? man your strict!
:toothy: :D

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I am not mad at him ........... I think he's a little rascal and I think it's great that he wants to learn how to be frugal !

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
great idea ellise!!!:D

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He got a week of no PS2 and No Telephone. I can't take the computer from him as he uses it for his homework.

He is a rascal that's for sure! This is by far the WORST thing he's done so far.

Maybe we could do an entire section for them. As everyone knows kids get depressed too.

I think he is really sincere about wanting to learn as much as he can. He has been saving for a little over a year now for his First car. He saves just about every dime he gets his hands on. Turns his light off when not in his room (even goes through and checks the rest of the house! Turns off the water while brushing his teeth.

He really is a great kid. And I'm sure there are others out there that are the same way.

I'd hate to say he's a mommas boy but he is. He helps me cook, clean, garden, shop, decorate, he even tought me how to use my sewing machine! At first I thought that maybe he was a little bit girly, but he's not, he still enjoys all the things the guys do. But he also wants Mom to be happy, healthy, safe, and well taken care of.

He is so very mature for his age. If you were to talk to him you'd swear you were talking to an adult. He is just a marvelous kid.

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
Sounds like you have every right to be a "proud mama" I'd be proud of him to....It also sounds like a good idea to have some sort of "sections" for the kids..

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Count your blessings if that's the worst thing he's ever done ! Lets hope it stays that way....... He's just a rascal, and a good kid !!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I'm not mad at him at all, although I didn't read what he was writing to all your posts, maybe I ought to go check it out ;)

I just thought it was kind of nice for him to go through that 'trouble' just to pull on april fools on you :) The only april fools I got were ones that were done online for everyone else, i"m almost jealous that he did that lol..

Ok, but i really ought to see what almost put you to tears, that's not cool that happened. :(

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It wasn't anything BAD it just freaked me out that he was posting and then deleted many of them after he posted them!

Now that I think about it it was kinda funny for him to do that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts