Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here from Kentucky, specifically Louisville?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Im not, but we have very good family friends there. They love it.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello! Jen, how do you like living there? My hubby and I are thinking about moving farther south once my kids are grown.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi I am from Greenup Kentucky. It is about 4 hours east of you on the Ohio River. I'm minutes from Huntington, West Virginia and Portsmouth, Ohio. I have friends who live in Louisville. Sometime we visit them.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I would like to know this too, I would love to move to Kentucky or Kansas, I do have a friend in KY that I would love to live near.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I love living in KY. I have lived here all my life almost. Everything is pretty laid back around here. I live in Scottsville, it is about 20 min. from Bowling Green. It is a pretty small town. I like living somewhere that everyone is friendly and waves when they drive by. We don't even have a Walmart in Scottsville. You have to either go to Bowling Green or Glasgow. Scottsville is where the Dollar General Co started. I was told that we will never have a walmart in Scottsville because it would put Dollar General out of buisness and the city of Scottsville is not going to let that happen. I agree 100%. I would highly reccomend Kentucky as a great place to live.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I am not from Kentucky, but have been to Louisville many times when I was younger, we had relatives there,. Kentucky is a beautiful state, just went through it going to TN.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for your kind words! and to Nomad... Howdy neighbor!

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'm from Louisville, but live in Etown now. I love it out here. I wouldn't move back to Louisville if someone paid me. I only go back to Louisville to visit my mom or go to a store we don't have here.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mickee I like E-town myself and have thought about moving there sometime. I love you dog pic!

crazy I have been to morehead and it is BEAUTIFUL!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love it here, kinda slow life that works out pretty well for raising kids. I guess I am a small town girl, I love to visit bigger cities but I like living here.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I from Lexington and have lived in Louisville (Old Louisville area) for 5 years. I really like it here, lots to do, great park system, and a very urban feel for a mid sized city.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I am from Pikeville but now live in Lexington. I have been here for 12 years and LOVE it.

Nice to meet you all!

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
we have lived in lexington ('94-'95), then we lived in independence, ky. from '96-'01. we LOVED it!! sometimes i still miss it! ky. is a beautiful state!!! the people are all so nice too. ;o)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I live in Clarksville, Tennessee just a hop skip and jump from the border.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts