Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have the large Keurig coffee maker, you can use the k-cup twice. I just tried it! I used one this morning to make my coffee --- pushed the small cup button and made my coffee. When I went back for my second cup, I was going to toss the k-cup when I decided to just see what would happen. So, I pushed the small cup button again and the coffee did not taste differently. I think I finally found a way to save money with k-cups....LOL!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
awesome, thanks for the tip!

FWIW, I went to Kroger yesterday to get cocoa KCups. THey had them marked for 7.49 a box. Went to pay and they charged me 10.99. Talked to the cashier about it, he had someone check, my son went with him to show where we got it,., it was misplaced,m but 8.99 anyway. So they still over charged. The cashier got mgr ot override the price and i got it gor free because they said it was their mistake. Pays to pay attention to the shelf prices...

·
Registered
8,566 Posts

·
27,948 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Reactions: Labontet

·
Registered
772 Posts
I got a Keurig for my birthday and we got the My -K cup for it.
I feel like I use less coffee than when my husband would make a pot with the old coffee maker... I'd end up throwing half of it out.
I only let DH use the k-cups on the weekend :)

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
G

·
I was going to post about the "My-K-cup" and someone beat me to it. It makes the cost a LOT cheaper, plus it's better for the environment, and you can use any kind of coffee you want, including Starbucks (my fav).

I personally don't like the cocoa out of the K-cups (I prefer to make it from scratch on the stove) but we get them because DS is old enough he can make his own cocoa from K-cups. They have gotten more expensive!

Another option to bring down the cost is to buy the K-cup at Bed Bath and Beyond and use the 20% off coupons.

·
Registered
708 Posts
dh has one....

and will never go back to a regular coffee maker again...we have the k cup that you can fill on your own but dh only uses it in dire emergency.. i think twice in almost 3 years....

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
My mother got me the K-cup along with the machine for Christmas this year. I don't really like it, because I am a two-cupper every morning, and if I used it, I'd have to empty and refill it between cups. Easier just to brew two cups in my little Mr. Coffee. I took the Keurig to work with me yesterday, so it has become the office coffee pot, along with all the asst flavoured coffees that I got as part of the gift. I took the K-cup, too, just in case I feel like making myself a cuppa once in a while. I keep a bag of my grind (Java City extra fine Vienna Roast) in the office for emergencies.

·
Registered
95 Posts
We have a Keriug with the 'My K Cup' thing... I love it. I'm not a coffee drinker, but my husband is. I like to throw a tea bag into the 'My K Cup' holder and run it through. Nice and easy - and I get to change the flavor of tea each time!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I received the My K Cup refillable filter too with the machine. I know when the box of coffee cups that came in the box with the machine is gone that I will be using the My K Cup. I asked for the My K Cup because I couldn't see spending more money than I would normally spend on coffee and I do not want to add to the landfill.

I used to make a pot of coffee every morning. I would be the only person drinking it and usually only one cup, so I was wasting coffee. I think I will be able to save when using the My K Cup. I can make one cup instead of a pot that gets poured down the drain.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have to say that I really love our Keurig. We bought the big one last Christmas as a QVC Special. After I bought it I forgot to register it. It has a 1 yr warrenty. Well, a few weeks ago it stopped working. My husband tried everything and couldn't fix it. He wanted to buy a new one ( and he is the more frugal one) because he likes it so much. I told him to give customer service a call and see if they had any other ideas on fixing it before we bought a new one. Long story short.... After 10 minutes on the phone with CS we had a brand new one coming in 2 days FREE as a one time customer courtesy. WOW! It did come in 2 days. I was impressed.
We use ours mostly on the weekends. I agree with the poster that doesn't like hot chocolate in it. I buy the hot chocolate when I can get it at Rock bottom at the grocery store. I put it in the cup but use the Keurig to add the hot water.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I saw that our local Walmart had Keurig's on the shelf also. I looked a little farther and saw that they also had the My K Cup attachment for around $15.00.
Good Deal? I do not know because my youngest dd bought the My K Cup for us to use.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I saw that our local Walmart had Keurig's on the shelf also. I looked a little farther and saw that they also had the My K Cup attachment for around $15.00.
Good Deal? I do not know because my youngest dd bought the My K Cup for us to use.
I bought mine at a bed bath and beyond and used the 20% off coupon. They all run about the same.,,about $15-17

Sometimes Target will have a sale for 20-40% off of anything Keurig which includes the cups.

I usually buy the hot chocolate too because my kids can make it themselves. We fill up a travel mug using one k cup and then split the travel mug into 2 cups for them.

Anyone want to share their favorite k-cup flavor? I like the Caribou coffee.

·
Registered
568 Posts
For those of you that have the large Keurig coffee maker, you can use the k-cup twice. I just tried it! I used one this morning to make my coffee --- pushed the small cup button and made my coffee. When I went back for my second cup, I was going to toss the k-cup when I decided to just see what would happen. So, I pushed the small cup button again and the coffee did not taste differently. I think I finally found a way to save money with k-cups....LOL!
That is great to know! I heart Keurig!! :bfly:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have heard of places online where you can order assortments of the different flavors, a kind of mix and match type thing. Two places I had recommended to me are coffeecart.com and coffeeforless.com. Also coffeecow.com.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.