Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have arrived at our destination. Beautiful Key West, Florida. It poured down rain while we drove through Key Largo. There was loads of lightening, but it was the most beautiful lightening I've ever seen. it was awful scarey driving in the pouring rain and not too much land between the car and the ocean.
We got to meet our DGrandson for the first time and he is over a year old! He is a cutie. The other 3 DGrandsons were so excited for us to be here. We have a really nice suite in a hotel on the base that has a little family area, kitchen, seperate bedroom and the bathroom. And it was just $96 for 3 nights. I thought that was a really great deal. I've never stayed on base before. DSon-in-law, who is in the Navy, was able to reserve it for us. Don't know what we will be up to tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
So cool! There is so much fun stuff to do in Key West! Make sure you do sunset at Mallory Square! Have fun!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Oh yes, you gotta take in the sunsets. It will take your breath away! Have fun and keep us updated. :sun:

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Glad to hear you arrived safe. Have a Great Time!:sun:

·
Registered
200 Posts
WELCOME to Key West!! You got a great deal on accomodations! You got three nights for a lot less than you would pay for one night off base. I agree with the others on Mallory Square, also the Butterfly Emporium is a great place to take little ones. Try a sunset sail if you have time. There's nothing more beautiful than seeing the sunset from the water then watching the stars as you come back in. Also for a condensed tour of Key West, jump on the trolley or conch train, you'll get a lot of information on the history of the island that way and can jump on an off at any of their stops. Oh, and the fishing is fantastic here!

I hope you enjoy your visit as much as I enjoy living here!

Linda

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Glad you got there safe! The lightening is the worst in Florida, alot of people get struck! Have a great time!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Oh, don't forget to do some shell hunting along the beaches. Best to do this early in the mornings after the ocean makes it's shell night deposits, LOL. Happy hunting!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Glad you made it to Key West. I bet you are enjoying the grandkids!! You got a great price on accomodations!

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.