Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many have kiddie pools? We have a couple of fun sprinklers for the children, but have yet to bring home a kiddie pool. My Zachary hasn't even been in a pool. :eek:
Was wondering how many people here have kiddie pools.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
We have one for fish bait. :toothy:

·
27,948 Posts
We used to. I used to sit poolside watching them and sometimes they'd let me in if I looked forlorn enough. Used to have all kinds of toys like plastic juce containers, spoons etc. and the'd sit in it for as long as I'd let them. Even filled it with bubbles from time to time and let them take a bath out there. Just rinse off with a bucket of clean water. What a treat!
They are kind of big for them now.:D

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Yup, we used to have them when the boys were little and up until last year when we put up an above ground pool. It was so cute a few years ago we bought two of the round hard plastic ones, one for Delaney and one for the ducks we had at the time. I have such cute pictures of Delaney playing in hers and the ducks swimming around in theirs!:smball:

Just a word of warning though, they are quite slippery if the small children stand up in them and try and walk.:smball:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
we have always have a kiddie pool until this year, this year we got a big one (well 48" deep regular one but the kids tell everyone we have a big pool and well I am rambling but it is a good size but regular abouve ground)

We have had little blow-up ones and then the bigger one that you fill the top ring with air and fill with water that was 36" tall I think..
If your kids like water it is a great summer activity and remember water play makes kids tired (at least my kids) so they sleep better :~)

Eileen

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I have had kiddie pools for my son. dd was too little for it last summer, but this summer I am hoping to get them into the pond when we go to Maine to visit. I hope they like it!

·
DebbieBob
1,692 Posts
We use to buy kiddie pools when our girls were younger, now we have a built in pool so there is no need for them anymore.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
We have one that my MIL sent us last year. My kids love it.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
We had one when the boys were younger...now we have a big pool.

Lisa is right, never leave a kiddie pool or any pool unattended...yesterday, on the local news,here, there was a 5 yr. old girl who drowned in a 2 feet high pool...she slipt out of the house and a few minutes later the babysitter noticed she was not inside with her older sisters...She was an intellectually handicapped little girl, too...so sad...:(

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
This thread reminds me of when I was little, my db must have been 3-4 and we went to Disney Land. Mom took us to the pool at the hotel, they had a kiddie pool. I was in there lying back and here comes my brother, stops, pulls off his trunks, yells"BATH" and jumped in naked..lol :D

·
Registered
260 Posts
We've almost always had pools for the kids in an assortment of styles and sizes. We always seemed to have one or at least a sprinkler type thing. The girls are getting too big now,but the grandson should be ready next summer.:D

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
We used to buy kiddie pools when the kids were younger. Now they have an above ground pool.

Sara~have you thought maybe a water table for Zachary? You can sit it outside so there is no mess on the floor inside and fill it with boats, fish, etc. I know you can get them at teacher stores, but you could be creative and just use a ruuber maid tub and sit it on a table outside for him to play in until you are ready for the kiddie pool.

Here is an example. They come in different styles. Just be creative and make your own for lots less.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
My kiddos always had one. They used to love to play and splash in them, I got lots of reading done sitting beside the kiddie pools while they played. My goodness, it does bring back memories.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
We have 2- one for ds and the other we use to wash the dog, and for a while we kept the baby chickens in them, until they were big enough to jump out.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What we do is use his little tikes sandbox as a little pool and he has a built in sandbox for sand and toys. I do like the sand/water tables a lot and have had my eye on them for well over a year, but haven't caved on actually buying one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts