Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have/had them? What if anything did you do about them?

I just had my 2nd bout with them and need to decide what I should do. Leave them and wait till the next flair. Or get them taken out now, or wait till next flair then take them out.

I am leaning towards a schedualed extraction so I don't have another trip to the ER.

Ideas Please.

TIA

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
I have no idea what you should.I've never had kidney stones but I wanted to say I feel for ya! I've heard those were very painful!!

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Kimmomof3, OUCH I FEEL your PAIN!!!! I've had the danged things and they are terrible!!!! :yikes: I had to have mine extracted b/c it was too big to pass. The dr. said it would take about 20 minutes and it ended up taking 2.5 hours. I don't know if I would recommend it or not. I have thought I would opt for the ultra sound method instead. Oh I am sorry that you're going thru this.......:hugz: . Let me know what you decide.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Having gone through surgery for kidney stones, I would run to have a lithotripsy done. I have since formed a few small ones that don't give me any pain at the moment. Have been told that a lithotripsy can't be performed on all stones, it's according to where they are located. Check with your doctor to see what is causing them. In my case it was too much sodium and calcium so have had to cut way back on them but it's worth it. To me it's a toss up between labor pains and kidney stones. At least with the labor pains I got two big rewards that are now 5 ft. 8 in. and 6 ft. 3 in.:D With kids I don't have the time to recover from surgery now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts