Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife took Christmas Eve Eve off so we could have a game day together. I found the game I really wanted to try with her in the attic after days of searching, only to discover, on said Game Day, that I was missing pieces and we couldn't play. Then her sinus infection flared up and we went to the doctor and the subsequent antibiotics drained her and Game Day turned into one game of pinochle.

Anyhow, we went to her family yesterday and while I was a bit off from being disappointed it went ok. We were supposed to go back today, but she dropped some antibiotics and our delightful little mobile alimentary canals with fur (aka dogs) ate some of them. Called the vet, induced vomiting and I decided to stay home just in case.

Anyhow, our little miscreants are doing fine and I've been assured that some of the tasty home cooked Christmas prime rib and cheesecake are on their way to me, with perhaps even a couple Boston Creme donuts from the Dunkin' Donuts rumored to be open on her drive home. I'm just hoping that tomorrow will be a new day and we can have better luck for Game Day, take 2 (I made a post-antibiotic visit to the FLGS - "Friendly Local Gaming Store" - with holiday cash from folks and found something I hope we'll both enjoy).

Hope the rest of you are having a better winter - though in the grand scheme of things, we're doing pretty good. :)

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
you are going to have to treat your inner kid to something. what would your inner kid like to do today?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Hope you have a much better and fun day today!

·
27,948 Posts
Seize the day Mark, hope you all feel better. Let the games begin!:thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts