Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have a set of canisters just sitting on your countertop, unfilled and unused? Or do you have a sugar canister that contains a half-inch of hard-as-rock, 2-year old sugar? Unless you're really in love with the look of your canisters, get rid of them. Not only do they clutter up the countertop, they really aren't the best place to store your kitchen staples. Flour, sugar, salt, and other staples will stay fresher longer if they're sealed tightly in plastic zip-top bags and stored in a cool, dry place.

Cut the Clutter and Stow the Stuff - Lori Baird

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Oh how I wish I was brave enough to ditch my canisters, I am like you were with your closet Amy. I just need the encouragement.

·
27,948 Posts
Just do it Robin! :D
How about :fdance: Go! Robin Go! :fdance:

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I have Tupperware canisters and no way am I ditching them! LOL I use them daily.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I pick up old huge glass or plastic jars at yard sales. they sit under the island with my mixing bowls, and other baking apparati
I hate sutff all over my counters! I cant use them if they are all cluttered up!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I have tupperware canisters too and I couldn't dare part with them. I will just have to find some place else for them.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I have mine on a baker's rack, I can't part with them either ....:(

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
i don't use canisters, but sometimes wish i did!;) i have a set that my sister got for me to paint (for profit), but i really like them. i might just try to use them for something!:toothy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.