Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got back from the Dollar Tree and had to share this news. They had the Lion Boucle Fun Fur yarn for a buck a piece! This is usually $3 each at Walmart! I bought 8 balls and not only have a jump on Christmas presents (it's great for scarves) but saved about $16! If you knit, and like the fun fur, run to Dollar Tree for a great deal!
Tiff

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Thank you for this tip, I'm going to check our dollar tree out. Could you tell me how many balls of yarn you usually need to make an adult scarf? I am new to knitting, but I would love to make some scarves for people for Christmas presents.

·
Registered
191 Posts
our dollar tree gets tons of this stuff and i love it so, i knit a huge body pillow cover with the boulce, they also get voodoo, and some other lion brand types of yarn.

there is usually a pattern for a scarf on the inside of the label or you can check out knitty or any other knitting website for very simple scarfs that will have an amount of yarn you need. or also lionbrand website and register and you can type in boulce and there is a pattern for two ball scarf there.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Thank you for this tip, I'm going to check our dollar tree out. Could you tell me how many balls of yarn you usually need to make an adult scarf? I am new to knitting, but I would love to make some scarves for people for Christmas presents.
Marie78,
Depending on how long or how wide you want to make your scarf it would normally take 2-4 balls of year, however, sometimes you may want to knit double strands of yarn. In that case it could be more.
Congratulations on learning to knit.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
the balls we have the dollarama are half the size of grams but otherwise beautiful color selection. Great find for u . WTG>

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Thanks for the info. I planned on hitting Dollar Tree this morning anyway but now I really have a reason to go!! I, too, want to try a project. This way I won't have a ton money into a project.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fun fur scarf

I too am new to knitting! The yarn has a pattern on it. It takes 2 balls using one strand and knits up really fast. I started one the other day and am almost half done. I don't knit fast and usually one knit a few rows at a time. This could easily be a weekend project for someone with more time and/ or experience! It's really fuzzy and fun to knit!:knit:

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I saw that at our dollar tree last week. I didn't get any, since I don't need anymore new projects. I may go back now that eveyone's talking about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts