Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may have read my previous posts about a small group of fifth graders who come to my classroom twice a week to knit hats for Arkansas Children's Hospital. Well, we've delivered the hats, and the group is really winding down. The girls are getting a little reluctant to leave their friends, especially since the weather has been getting warmer. So, I'm going to meet with them one last time and give them each a knitted scarf. I knitted each one with the little girl who is to receive it in mind. I prayed for that girl as I knit. I asked God to allow her to wear it in good health, and as she wears it, remember the good times we had in the knit-wits group.
I picked out the colors especially for each girl.

I hope they like them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This has been my favorite project all year.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
That sounds so nice! I'll bet that each girl will love what you have done for them! Are you going to do the group again next year with another group of girls? I think it is a great activity for that age group!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
That's very sweet of you as is the entire concept. Would it be possible to hold the same group over the summer at the library, for example?

And I agree that it would be a great project to continue through the years. :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts