Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never knitted anything in my life and I found a pattern for miniture bootees which I'm in the middle of trying.

I have to knit one, wool forward to end.

What is wool forward? PLEASE help me!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much C.J. ! That saved the whole project!

I started having NEVER knitted and didn't read the instructions first! ~ Why aren't I surprised? Duh. :toothy:

So here is my first knitting ~ I didn't know what to put it next to for size as I wasn't sure you would know the size of our money, so I put it next to a small banana! Sorry I couldn't think of anything else off hand ROFL!

I thought I could use these for baby cards?

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm glad you like them Angie - Thank you xxxxx

I would have gladly made some - but I didn't know I could make them until about 20 minutes ago - I didn't even know I could knit LOL - well they never would've got finished at all without C.J. :D

I'll make some for the NEXT baby shower! ;) lol (I expect 'mum' will be over the moon to hear that! LOL)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
LOL Bev.

I think they willl be adorable on baby cards!!

I have no idea how to read a knitting or crochet pattern. i can crochet flat squares, but that's it. are they called Granny squares?? and variations on that stitch.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have no idea Melissa? It's all new to me ~ I didn't start until tonight and I would have NO idea what to do with one needle LOL.

All I need now is a miniture jumper and christening gown and I'm away! LOL

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Bev, did you say that they are for puttin money in as a gift? If so, what is the dollar amount that fits in there, it looks like one of our new dollars Sacajawea (sp?) would fit???

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dear Robin,

I didn't think about putting money in them, I just made them to decorate baby cards.

I thought WOW what a GREAT idea (and it is!) But these wouldn't fit any of our money in :( And I don't know 'how' you'd make them bigger :confused:

I'm not sure about your money I don't know how big it is ~ Duh! lol ~ But the opening at the top of the bootee is approx 1 1/2cm.

They are really quite tiny ~ Could I put them up against anything else that would show the size better?

I wonder now if you could increase the size a bit too (without making them full size) because that really is a great idea, even still to use on the front of cards, so the card would be the gift.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh goodness ~ I lied as well :eek:

DH just fitted our £ coin into one! but it stretched it 'slightly' and our 1p coin also fits in (although that's not worth anything LOL) but yes money did go in.

Sorry! I just 'looked' at it and thought no way, so I measured it instead.

So it's quite possible that your money would go in? But I still don't know how big it is???

I'll tell you what - send me your addy and I'll send you one and you can see ~ Is that ok?

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Those are really cute :)

I think you could put it next to a credit card so we can judge the size.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Bev, if you want to make it bigger just use the next set larger of needles, this way you don't have to play around with the number of stitches.

That is cute!:)

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Bev, those are so cute.

Diana is right, if you want to make them bigger, just go to the next size needles. You can even go 2 sizes up. Just be careful though, because you probably don't want them too big if they are going on cards.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you Diana/C.J. ~ That would explain what happened today.

Last night I REALLY wanted to try one of these bootees to see if they would be suitable for baby cards, but I don't knit (does it notice?) So I 'found' 2 needles that I use for stirring paint LOL and some wool. This is the reason I don't cook either LOL, it doesn't matter if it's 'right' I just use what I find :D

Anyway today I thought I should get the 'right' things and I knitted some more in pink and blue ~ They came out HALF the size!! You would NEVER get money in them, but I was :eek: Oh my word WHAT have I done to them? They've shrunk!!!!!!

The needles are MUCH smaller :)

I made this little jumper too on cocktail sticks ~ I didn't 'make' it on cocktail sticks! I put it on them for the sake of the card.

So here's the difference ~ Oh and Thanks Chelle the credit card was a good idea. I never thought of that!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Very nice Bev, you are one of the most creative ladies I have ever met!!! :D They are just adorable and should look great on you cards!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I should hope I would never have to move to England, I would not know how to exist, imagine living in a world where they knitted with sticks and painted with knitting needles!!! LOL

I am reading The Secret Garden and Bev I can't help wondering if you sound anything like Martha Sowerby when you speak!!!(really laughin now!)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
they are maybe smaller because of the needle size?? Try going up in needle sizes and I bet the booties won't be so small.

Bev, you never cease to amaze me with all your talents. You go girl.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Way to go Bev! You are so creative. You have inspired me to try that knitting tutorial i never got around to doing. WTG girl!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts