Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help everyone. If I have posted this before I apologize.

I have a KodakCX4200 Digital Camera that dh got for me at Christmas. I still have not figured out how to transfer pictures correctly. (DUH!)

When I tell it to transfer pictures, it only transfers 1 picture out of however many I may have on the camera. Could be 2 or 28 it does not matter, only one transfers. Once, just recently, the system moved all of the pictures over. I literally "Held My Breath" as it did it, I was so dumbfounded!!!!!! But since then, the same old scenario of 1 picture at a time. I have uninstalled and installed the program many times, and I am getting really frustraded. I know my dh is getting tired of hearing me complain.

Could I maybe have the pictures on the camera locked or something?. The software system recognizes that " X " number of pictures are used on the camera but will not transfer them.

Does anyone have one of these systems, and are you having these troubles?

I feel sooooooooo dumb sometimes. Why is technology such a "Pain in the backside" ?

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Do you own the docking bay?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Sara, I do have it in a docking bay.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Somebody has to help with this one!! :D My sister is due to have my nephew any day now and it's so important that I see the pics asap!!! :D :D (since I can't be there yet).

·
Unix Ninja
3,209 Posts
After pressing the easy share button on the docking bay. Right click on the program icon on your desktop. (bottom Right)

Choose transfer now. You will need to select your digital camera.

Click ok.
Program should start downloading the pictures from your camera.

Hope this helps.

Gabe

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Mom...are you awake yet this morning? I hope this info he gave it going to help!!

Can you tell I'm anxious to get the pics? :D

Thanks Gabe!!:smball:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have an easy share system but usually transfer without the dock (I keep the dock in the kitchen charging the batter so it is always ready)..

there is a place to click when you are ready to transfer that asks if you want to transfer 1 or all pictures make sure it is on all. and if it is I can no help but maybe the other post can help you more..

Eileen

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Gabe and Eileen for the information. I went through all the motions but still nothing worked right. Finally I called Kodak and spoke to a person(in Manila) who worked with me for about 35 minutes. We went through everything. Finally he put me on hold to get some help.

When he came back, he had me go in to Start, Run, then REGEDIT. We ended up deleting several items. Then rebooted. Tried the transfer again, this time it worked. Beautifully!

Ok, now later when I came back to the computer, I was trying to figure out how to print something, when the computer told me I had an update available on Kodak. So I ran it and rebooted.

Now the sorry, son of a gun, machine has an error starting the program because it is missing something. Well tomorrow is another day, and another phone call away. :mad:

Anyway, thanks again so much for your help.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Mom, I'm so sorry you are having such a time with this!! Don't you just want to strangle technology sometimes!!!!!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I need a Smilie that looks like it is taking an axe to the computer with an evil grin!!!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:D Thanks Gabe, that will definately do!!

I think I will put it in my signature, that way, EVERYONE will know about my computer skills.:D

Thank goodness we have our own in-house IS&T Computer Center where I work. Personal computer gurus when I need them! Can't get better than that. :D

·
Unix Ninja
3,209 Posts
Chery,

Is your husband from Quebec?
That username looks very french Canadian...

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Gabe, I got a good chuckle when I read your question!! I never thought about my mom's user name sounding french. :D My daddy is nothing but a good ol' boy from the south. Well, he was born up north but lived down in the south most of his life.

My mom's name is for Terry Labonte. He's a Nascar driver....and my mom's favorite driver. :D :D So she has the last name then has put the first initial of his first name at the end.

I guess she could have answered this but I just thought it was cute so of course I had to put my 2 cents in. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts