Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, everyone! I'm posting on behalf of myself and my appropriately-named DW (is that the right acronym?) Kabocha Girl - she's been lurking for about a month, made a few posts, but she's not real forum-comfortable yet, so she hasn't made an intro yet. We're in our mid-twenties, married 3.5 years, no kids, no debt, dual-income, although a couple of those will change drastically in the next few years. In Dave's unofficial categories, I'm the free spirit tightwad and she's the nerd spender.

We're relatively new to this whole frugal thing. We came to Japan on the JET program as typical American spenders: slap-everything-on-credit folks. During our time here, the missus decided she wanted to stay home when we start our family and started looking up frugal websites, which is how she found the Tightwad Gazette - she became a quick disciple of Amy. My mom, shortly thereafter, introduced us to Dave Ramsey, and we both got on board.

Even though we put everything on credit cards, we've never paid interest on anything - so it was really difficult to give up the lifestyle of recycling debt, but we're on the right track (paying cash for things) and we're building a house now that'll be complete when we go back home. Our baby steps are all out of order, but we're working quickly to rectify that.

She gets a lot of inspiration from reading the threads here, and I can't even tell you how much I appreciate that. I'll probably lurk, and maybe post from time to time, but I'm hoping she'll get more involved as she becomes more comfortable with this whole forum thing. :thumb:

So, all in all, really nice to be here!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Hi and :welcome: to both you and your wife :).

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Hello & :welcome: to the forums :)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
really great to have you and your DW here!! Look forward to learnign more about Japan too!~!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Hi there and :welcome:, we're all glad you decided to join us!

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
:welcome: to frugal village. Problem is now I won't rest until she posts at least an intro. Come on out Kabocha Girl. :D

·
27,948 Posts
Welcome! Looking forward to both of you jumping in & posting.:apple:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Village!! :welcome2:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hajimemashite!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
:welcome2:

O-genkideska

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Hello and welcome to you and your DW! :wave:

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Welcome to both of you! Let's all ask Kabocha Girl a question everyday. That will get her talking!!

Kabocha Girl--what is the JET program? I haven't a clue. If anyone else knows, DON'T TELL ME!!! I only want Kabocha Girl to answer me! LOL!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts