Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
One of our stores here does that too. I've gotten some pretty good deals on strip steaks, sausage, chicken wings and ground beef that way. I freeze it immediately and use it the same day I thaw it.

Reactions: jantana

·
4,028 Posts
I don't know if my local Safeway has a set time but I'll be checking into that. A few weeks ago I had a $57 food purchase and paid $28 once they took off the club card savings plus the markdown on the meats. I take it home and freeze it or put it directly into the crock pot for dinner.

My Safeway card is accepted at Kroger's so that should work both ways for you good Kroger folks who happen to find themselves in a Safeway. :D

Reactions: Luckybustert

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
I need to check into whether our local Safeway has a set time too. I've also gotten some great deals on meats using their club card - helps to stock the freezer!

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Kroger - ours is Thurs. and the day after every holiday. Our other Kroger has a killer clearance area by the bottles. Get to know the staff. There is also a bakery cart w/ $2. cakes and .50 donuts I no longer frequent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts