Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, first of all, let me start by saying that I hate when stores spell things wrong to be cute. Why can't they just call it Cuts for Kids? Why the K and the z thing? Anyway, I digress...

Tomorrow I am taking dd to her first "real" haircut. I've been cutting her hair for the past two years, but it's time to go to the pros. She has SOOOO much hair and it just keeps growing and growing. We like keeping it long, but I keep trimming the bangs, but the sides look funny and she wakes up with these rats nests over her ears where it's sorta long, sorta short. So, does anyone have any tips on keeping a 2 year old calm while getting her first professional haircut?

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
No tips Amy. Once I took ds to get a haircut when he was little. He got so scared when te barber came over to get him that he knocked a huge display shelf of Redken products all over the floor. They would not cut hios hair, because they felt he was to afraid in there. I was so embarrassed.I never went back, and ever since then I have cut their hair myself. It has only been in the last year or so that he has gone to a barber on his own...he's 16!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, amazingly enough, it went wonderfully! Maybe shoe got some of my grandmothers genes (my gramma was a beautician), but she sat there beautifully and got her hair cut. She loved it and looks like a little doll! Phewf! Frugally, I'll still do the maintenance myself, but every once in awhile when it's more than I can/want to do, I know I can take her in.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I'm glad it went well !!!!
I'm sure she looks very "Kute" .............
Good job Julia !!!!!!:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts