Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! :feedback: Does anyone here use a label-maker, and if so, would you recommend it? I'm in the market for a handheld-electric label maker and would love some reviews.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I have one but it's not a handheld one, it's the Brother P-Touch QL-500, DH got it for me last year and I love it! Makes those normal size and shipping size labels and you can add pictures, etc...

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I have a DYMO Letra Tag. I highly recommend it. It's small but it does what I need it to do. ;) I bought mine on sale at Target.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have the DYMO Letra tag QX50. I love it. I have had it for several years. Works great.:clap:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
holy cow, if i had one i would lable everything...files, who's shoe container was who's...what dishes go in what cabnet...the dog...

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Missy :crackup: I'm afraid that is what will happen to me if I get one as well, but I'm really feeling the "need" for one, lately. So, if I have to label the world, so be it!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Im such a big nerd :( Yes I'll admit it! :loser:

I have one and I LABEL TOO MUCH! LOL But I go in phases, its like a new toy that you play with constantly then it gets 'boring' but when you do pull it out to use it, you just get re-inspired and go label crazy again lol - well ok, thats how "I" feel about it. After having worked in an office environment forever Im used to organizing with it so I felt naked w/o one :lol:

I too have the DYMO Letra Tag made by Esselte. Brother's are nice but I think are over priced for the job that they do. The one I have just does small labels not big mailing/shipping ones.

:laugh: ....AND I LOVE IT!!! :thanx:

·
Registered
902 Posts
I have a labeler as well( The little P-touch thingee..) I have to have one to keep all of my cookie cutters organized. And I am like Missy-I label everything!!! It is addicting! I personally blame Martha Stewart and her totally unobtainable immaculately organized pantry!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Another Lectra Tag user here. I have had mine for years and it has always worked great. I love it for organizing. :)

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
<---- loving her brother p-touch

·
Registered
176 Posts
Brother P-Touch 65 here. Couldn't love it more if it were chocolate. Use it practically daily. Cost me around 30 bucks, and the re-fill rolls are about 10, but they last forever. The only drawback is that it takes 6 AA batteries and has NO option for an AC Adapter.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Amy, I saw in your blog that you're concerned about batteries. Well, I've had my Dymo Letra Tag for over a year and labeled tons of things, from files to shelves to plastic shoe boxes and I haven't needed to replace the batteries yet. Of course I don't know exactly how long they'll last but thought you might like to know they seem to last a pretty long time. :)

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Karen, That is VERY helpful information! Thank you! I was imagining having to change the batteries every two weeks or so. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Love love love the dymo letra tag -- keep an eye out at Target because they often are on clearance as the new models come out -- same for the label tapes for it. You can also use a 40% coupon and get it at Michael's. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts