Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, our friend Lady Nada is heading in to the final weeks of her pregnancy. I'm calling this thread her on line baby shower.

Please share your warm wishes, good advice and funny (positive) stories here.

And keep your hands off her belly!!!!!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Good luck and warm wishes to you Lady Nada!!! This is going to be one of the very best times of your life. When you get your sweet baby home try to stay in the moment and savor each day. God Bless you and your family.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I wish you a speedy and easy labour and delivery.

During the labour and birth of each of my 5 kids I kept saying to dh, I don't want to ever have to do this again and each time he said 'you don't have to'.
The moment you hold your baby you forget any pain and discomfort you may have had and are just amazed at the miracle in front of you.

I remember the birth of our 5th child. We already had 4 boys and we were convinced that we would have another boy. When Fiori was born the delivery room was completely still except for the voice of the midwife who just whispered, it's a girl.

As the previous poster said, cherish every moment you can with your little one, they grow up SOOOO fast.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Good luck lady nana for a safe 'uneventful' delivery and a speedy recovery.

Congrats and enjoy the new, sweet, tiny morsel!!

DON'T FORGET PICS!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hope you have a good labor. A baby is a wonderful thing. They really are life changing. You will fall in love as soon as you see that beautiful face. Homemade wipes are easy to make. Triple paste is great for diaper rash. Best of luck to you and your family.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Good luck and like the others said, cherish each moment, they grow up way too fast. :)

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Yep, they grow up way too fast! Hope you have a quick and easy delivery!

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Wishing you a safe and wonderful birth experience.

My FV shower present for you is part of a nursery rhyme

"The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
for children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep."

and another from The New Adventures of Mother Goose gentle rhymes for happy times a book that was give to me when my son was born:

"Diddle diddle, dumpling, my son Scooter,
played around with my computer.
He pressed the buttons, he hit the keys,
and now it only prints Chinese."

Reactions: mauimagic

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Here's wishing you a smooth and easy labor. Can't wait to see the pics of your little one. :)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Cherish every moment! Time goes by soooooooooo quickly. Take lots of pics. I wish digital cameras had been around when I had my four older boys.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Wishing a safe and happy birth experience for the both of you!

A few tips from my mom. (I was talking to her when I first read this earlier and she had 4)

Don't go to the hospital too early, when the contractions are little and light, eat something and drink A LOT. Don't worry, you'll know when it's REALLY time.

Grandparents and family really want to help in the beginning.. let them, you need sleep anyway!

Don't try to get back into your "normal" clothes right away, you'll feel like a cow. Go back to your "first stage" maternity clothes. Besides you won't care if those get ruined with spit up.

When someone says, "what can I do to help"... don't hesitate, tell them laundry or dishes.

And my lone little tip (I only had 1)

There are two types of parents..perfect and sane.. choose now and stick to your guns :)

·
Registered
844 Posts
Wishing you a delivery as smooth and pain free as mine was! (even without the epidural - I had hot baths, they beat everything in pain relief!)

There will be a lot of extra laundry, not so much from Baby Nada as from you. You expect her (now, why do I use this gender??) clothes to get spit on etc, but your clothes will probably catch more of whatever fluids leave Baby Nada........

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Congrats and the best of wishes.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts