Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DH has business in Tennessee this week and I tagged along. :) He will be in meetings Mon-Fri. In the evenings, we have plans to sight see. On Tuesday, we have tickets to the Grand Old Opry. I can't wait. I have never been to Nashville before and have always wanted to visit.

The best part about the whole trip is that DH's employer is paying for our suite, rental car, his airline ticket, and all his food. I only paid for my airline ticket, my food, and our entertainment. AND you know I am using coupons for attractions and food to cut the cost. :wink: I have never tagged along on one of his business trips before, so this is a new experience for me. I am glad I did.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Have lots of fun Mom23boys! I love Nashville soooo much. Who is going to be playing at the Grand Ole Opry? Are you staying at the Opryland Hotel?

Reactions: Mom23boys

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm originally from Nashville (all my life), but it's been about 7 years since I left, and it's my understanding things may have changed.

My favorite place to eat when I go down to visit family is:
Demos' it's Downtown off of 2nd Avenue - THE BEST FOOD EVER! We always get the all you can eat soup and salad, their bread is wonderful, and you can cut the steak with a butter knife.

I hope you have lots of fun, and if you have any questions I'll do my best to help you out (I still have tons of family there) feel free to PM me. :D

Reactions: Mom23boys

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am a country music fan too and grew up watching the Opry with my grandparents, so I am so excited to be visiting the Grand Ole Opry.

Tuesday Night Opry: Joe Nichols, Jimmy Wayne, Ashton Shepherd, Josh Gracin, Del McCoury, Riders In The Sky, Connie Smith

I can't wait to see Joe Nichols, Jimmy Wayne, and Josh Gracin.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
220 Posts
Cool Springs is actually a pricey area to be in, definitely see what the people at the hotel suggest and venture out. There's so many beautiful things in Nashville and the surrounding areas. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Joe Nichols!!! :hubba: You lucky duck. :)
Have fun!

·
Registered
116 Posts
(oops. sorry. tried to post a link but it didn't work... slinking off now...)

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I love Nashville--wonderful city. If you have time before you go to the Opry tour the Opryland Hotel, it is just magnificent. Have fun!!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love Nashville--wonderful city. If you have time before you go to the Opry tour the Opryland Hotel, it is just magnificent. Have fun!!
Thanks! Everyone keeps telling us that. We plan on leaving early so hopefully we will get to tour it. I can't wait to see what I am missing. LOL!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Now that's the way to travel! :) Enjoy the G.O.O. tonight!

Dave is going to Japan for 10 days next month, and I would LOVE to tag along (this is his 3rd time going over there), but he's going to be doing a lot of traveling, so it wouldn't work out so well this time.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have never tagged along before, but might start if it works around my work schedule. I am enjoying my little frugal vacation!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I have never tagged along before, but might start if it works around my work schedule. I am enjoying my little frugal vacation!
I would too!

When I was working, Dave & I both worked for British companies with parent companies in Oxford. I had to go over to work on a system conversion with the UK office, and we were able to stay for several days after my meetings. Dave was able to do some work for his office there too, so our airfare was free as well as meals while we were working :D

I also had a conference in Orlando, so we took Kathryn and went down for that too. She was just a few days shy of 1 yr old, so she doesn't remember it, but it was a fun time.

·
27,948 Posts
Glad you are along for the trip, enjoy! Sure is nice having the kids a bit older and getting away, eh?

·
Registered
220 Posts
So what have you been able to do and see so far?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts