Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you use them for, besides lasagna? Needing to clean out the pantry before we move and I have several boxes of noodles.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
This is kinda like lasagna, but not. Boil the nooldles almost done like you would with lasagna lay them out put riccota cheese and what ever else you like in the cheese mixture on one end and roll them up and lay in the baking dish kinda like manicotti. Put sauce on the bottom of the pan first so they don't stick and them cover with more sauce and bake.

Reactions: Lindsey

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is kinda like lasagna, but not. Boil the nooldles almost done like you would with lasagna lay them out put riccota cheese and what ever else you like in the cheese mixture on one end and roll them up and lay in the baking dish kinda like manicotti. Put sauce on the bottom of the pan first so they don't stick and them cover with more sauce and bake.
what kind of sauce?

Thanks for the ideas!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
what kind of sauce?

Thanks for the ideas!
You could put any sauce you like, regular spaghetti sauce, pesto, alfredo, a parmesan cream sauce.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I do a dish a lot like jas. I put a crab stuffing in them. These freeze well as single serving too.
sounds wonderful, yum.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
What do you use them for, besides lasagna? Needing to clean out the pantry before we move and I have several boxes of noodles.
Well, instead of regular lasagna with tomato based sauce, make a seafood lasagna or a lasagna with bechamel (white) sauce.

Reactions: jas

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I use them as roll ups as well.

You can break them up and use them in those 'hamburger helper' type dishes. And the soup is a good one.

Reactions: jas
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.