345 Posts
Me either!!!!

I'm just sad it's the last.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Me either!!!!

I'm just sad it's the last.
I'm sad it's the last too. I love this series. I'm just thankful that JK Rowling is as young as she is. Hopefully that means lots more books out of her after this final Harry Potter book.

As far as this book, my friends and I already have plans to pre-order from the book store and be there at Mid-night for all the festivities.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as this book, my friends and I already have plans to pre-order from the book store and be there at Mid-night for all the festivities.
Bad thing is that it is going to cost $34.00. which I think is expensive. What we will do is get it from the library, wait for the price to come down after the market is glutted with people owning the books and then buy it used online at half.ebay.com or ebay really cheap. We paid less then $10.00 inluding shipping for the last one.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
We've got 'em all and I'm sure we'll get this one as well. The last one I read in 6 hours so I forsee a marathon reading session ahead in my summer. ;)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Bad thing is that it is going to cost $34.00. which I think is expensive. What we will do is get it from the library, wait for the price to come down after the market is glutted with people owning the books and then buy it used online at half.ebay.com or ebay really cheap. We paid less then $10.00 inluding shipping for the last one.
Yes I know it's so expensive to buy any new hard back book. I'm blowing a whole 2 weeks of blow money on it. But it will be completely worth it to me. But I am a bit of a Harry Potter Fanatic.

Plus my friends and I are going to make a whole night of it. Dinner cooked by yours truely, then going to the book store and hanging out for hours just like last time. It's a lot of fun for us. Then Saturday, we'll all read it then get together and undoubted discuss it. We may even break out the Harry Potter movies and watch them. Man as I look at our plans, we really are pretty dorky. :laugh: I can't wait.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah, I'm excited. The only problem will be fighting over it with my husband! That just gave me an idea. His birthday is beginning of July, so I'll preorder it for him. It's exciting that both the new movie and book are coming out so close together! EK! I'm a super dork who is super excited. Weird thing is I had a dream about Harry Potter last night. (My husband is reading book 5 and won't stop talking about it.)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I am so excited, but it will be sad not to have any new Harry Potter books to look forward to each year.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
DD loves Harry Potter. We always pre-purchase atleast one copy of the book (but have bought two in the past as well) and take her and DS to the all-night party at the bookstore everytime they release a new one. We already have this one marked on our calendar. I have to get started making their costumes to wear to the party soon. DD will have the book read in a matter of hours - once she starts she cannot put them down.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Ooooh, I can't wait! And I know that you've probably had this discussion before on this forum, but I'm new, so bear with me. ;) I have three standard questions that I ask every Harry Potter fan...I find the answers always differ between people and often spark a good conversation.
Which book is your favorite?
Which is your least favorite?
Which character - other than Harry - do you think will be the most important in the last book?

My favorite book is Goblet of Fire; my least favorite is Order of the Phoenix. The last question is interesting because J.K. Rowling did some things with certain characters in Half-Blood Prince that may or may not be important in the last book. For my own opinion, I think Draco Malfoy and Snape will both be pivotal in the last book. Can't wait until July 21!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Favorite - Goblet of Fire.
Least Favorite - Chamber of Secrets
Pivotal Character Prediction- Dumbledore (I'm hoping it was all a dream) :hocus:

Did you see that if you preorder your book at Borders you get your choice of free stickers? One says "Trust Snape", the other says "Snape is a very bad man"! LOL

Anyone want to say which sticker they'd choose?

I trust Snape!!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I cant wait!

favorite would be goblet of fire or the philosopers stone
least favourite orderof the phoenix

I think Ginny weasly will have a big role in this book

and as for Snape - part of me trusts him and part doesnt LOL - the hardback book here retails for 17.99 Euro but most stores are offering 5 Euro off if you pre order - so ill get it for 12.99 ( approx $17)

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
I'm looking forward to it as well, but as in the past DH and I will go to Wal-Mart and buy it there since it will be A LOT LESS than preordering it or buying at a book store. I'm looking forward to the latest movie as well.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I pre-ordered mine from Amazon for $18.89. I figure by July I'll have some money saved up to pay for it! I'll ask my mom if she wants to go halfsies with me on it. Then dh will be less like to complain :pdoff:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts