Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, there really is a good thing to being 5 feet tall. You can shop in the kids section for pants!!!!

Anyway here is what I got:

Artic ski pants - $3.00
Athletech fleece sweatpants - $2.95
Style & Co velour sweatpants - $2.95
Reebok easytone exercise pants - $7.95
Charter Club velour sweatpants - $3.95
Columbia ski pants - $6.95
Burton ski pants - $4.00
zero x posur ski bibs - $4.00
ski bibs - $2.50

Total - $41.67

All the ski bibs and pants were from the kids section!!!! I think some must have been put out during the summer since the prices were so low. Plus some were 50% off. Really excited since the winter here is supposed to be colder and wetter than normal in this area. Will be able to still go outside and exercise without freezing and wearing mass amounts of layers. Will set some of the ski items aside for when I need some to be replaced. Couldn't pass them up since the price was so low plus everything looks new! Walking home I thought, well if the electricity goes out in the winter I will be nice an cozy warm!!!

So now to stay out of the thriftstore for a while. Have a lot of hemming I need to do so that should keep me busy!!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
You did well, congratulations!!

Here's something from Lamebook to make you smile, I'm tiny, too ♥

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Where are you that winter is supposed to be warm and wet? I hope it'll be the same here. We had a dry fall, dry winter, and dry spring and it almost burned the town down, so we're hoping for more snow this year.

Great deal on the clothes!

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am over hear spirit dear. hehehe In the northeast. The map they showed look liked most of the middle of the us would be drier and warmer.

Right now it has been raining heavily on and off all day. So there are flood warnings in effect until tomorrow afternoon. Filled a stockpot with water just in case.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Lisa. That is why I could not pass them up. Good quality and will last a really long time!

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
I heard the northeast is getting a lot of rain. A friend in Massachusetts even offered to send me some. If only she could.

We're not really the middle of the US, since we're on the Canadian border, so I hope we get out of this dry weather pattern. We had the same weather pattern last fall and ended up with the third largest forest fire in state history. Not fun.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Great deals! I'm short, too, and just a few years ago was able to buy pants from the children's departments. But, uh, ahhh...certain parts have gotten a bit too big.

I loved the Lamebook story.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Great finds! I would never find pants in the kid's section....especially since my inseam is 36 inches! :thud:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts