Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, for the long-time FV'ers, I know you've heard this all before from me many times over the past 7 years, but it never goes away.

I hate laundry. It is my least favorite chore. It is so time consuming. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.

I even have a system in place now to make it run a little more smoothly and STILL I hate it.

Laundry is the bane of my existence. Five people is not a HUGE amount of people, and we don't even have a lot of clothes. But, it feels overwhelming.

Laundry...ick...yuck...poo. :puke:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I also hate laundry so i have doled that out to the kids...lol. I do hang them out but they start the water add the soap and put the clothes in....lol

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
go figure, I actually LIKE to do the laundry, well, all but the putting it back away, for some reason that part never used to get done.......ah, but now I call the boys and they put their own stacks of clean clothes away.

Sorry Amy. Tell you what, you come empty my dishwasher (icky-poo!), and I'll come do your laundry, and we'll call it even!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I don't even like laundry for 2 people, so I can't imagine 5! :ugh: Mostly I just hate doing laundry because I have to haul it somewhere (grandparents' house or laundromat) to wash/dry because there is no h/u in the apt.

I also hate unloading the d/w. LOL. :D

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
go figure, I actually LIKE to do the laundry, well, all but the putting it back away, for some reason that part never used to get done.......ah, but now I call the boys and they put their own stacks of clean clothes away.
I am with you on this one! I take an hour on Saturday morning to put the week's worth away b/c I hate it so much. I love washing, drying and folding though. :lame:

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go find a therapist (I sound a little nuts now that I've said it out loud!

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Amy this always surprises me, with how organized you are. The only way I got through Mt. Laundry when I had 3 kids at home was to do 3 loads per day. :ugh: If ever I missed a day I had 12 loads the next. :yikes: I know it's really not a pleasant chore, I'd gladly volunteer to do your laundry if you'd keep my closets cleaned out.....:lol:

·
Registered
787 Posts
i hate laundry also! it's the whole lugging clothes around! ugh!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Okay, for the long-time FV'ers, I know you've heard this all before from me many times over the past 7 years, but it never goes away.

I hate laundry. It is my least favorite chore. It is so time consuming. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.

I even have a system in place now to make it run a little more smoothly and STILL I hate it.

Laundry is the bane of my existence. Five people is not a HUGE amount of people, and we don't even have a lot of clothes. But, it feels overwhelming.

Laundry...ick...yuck...poo. :puke:
I agree completely. There are only 2 of us at home now and I still absolutely hate to do laundry. I would rather scrubs toilets and bathtubs than have to do laundry and believe me I hate scrubbing toilets and bathtubs :) .

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
It never ends, thats what I hate.....I don't mind the washing and I love to hang it on the line and smell the clean smell...I do hate putting it away....

·
Registered
820 Posts
I only wash mine and dh's bedding, the little ones' clothes (2 loads a week), my clothes and towels and it feels overwhelming. Dh and ds10 do their own laundry or they wear dirty clothes. lol. I think part of our problem is that we only have 2 closets for 5 people and 4 dressers. There's not enough room for it all. Can't wait to get a house!!! (with LOTS of closets)

·
Registered
723 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
There are only two things I hate about laundry--I hate hauling it down 2 flights, and I hate putting it away. I don't know why I hate putting it away as much as I do. :lol3:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I hate laundry too! It seems to be a never ending cycle of washing, drying, folding, and putting away piles and piles of laundry. Where does it all come from?

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Reactions: missyali

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Greebo, you make me chuckle!

·
Registered
977 Posts
I am with you on this one! I take an hour on Saturday morning to put the week's worth away b/c I hate it so much. I love washing, drying and folding though. :lame:

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go find a therapist (I sound a little nuts now that I've said it out loud!
Well, I'm just as nuts as you are... I HATE laundry. If I could afford domestic help... it'd be for the laundry!

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'm another laundry hater but unfortunately it has to be done and I can't get out of it. Ughh!!!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, I'll have you all know that as of this moment, the only dirty clothes in the house are the ones that are currently on the people. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts