Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traditionally, I go with whatever is cheapest, but my last few loads have had clumps of powder that didn't dissolve, but stayed on dh's BLACK work pants. I realize it's a problem with the washer, not the detergent, but it got me to wondering what you all prefer when doing your laundry!

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
i prefer liquid, but love tide powder!! (never buy unless clearanced);) ;)

·
Registered
260 Posts
I always buy liquid since I wash mainly in cold water. I do have some Wisk tablets that I dissolve in a little bit of hot to add to the wash:)

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
I purchase liquid now also because I wash in cold water and I find with the liquid, you don't have any residue on the darker clothes.

I watch for when it comes on sale and I always have $1.50 coupon to put towards it and I stock up. I also dilute it which stretches it and use that the required amount.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
I always use liquid as well. I never liked the powder. It never seems to dissolve right and I was tired of rewashing everything. You might not get as many loads as you do with the powder but It is worth it in the end if you think of how many times you have to rewash.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I make my own liquid....... I save a bundle and it works great !

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lori, Do you have that recipe posted somehwere?

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I use liquid for the same reasons. I used to use powder for everything except the darks, and then just switched to liquid only. I have all the supplies to make my own laundry detergent, but have never done it.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
i use liquid because i get a rash using powders. the don't seem to rinse out as well. i do want to make my own stuff and i will try powder for that though since i don't have any reaction to the borax or soda when i add them to the laundry.

edit:really bad typo

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I use both...I buy the one on sale, but I am thinking on making my own liquid, like you, Lori!:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts