Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opened a new box of detergent (kudos to those who make their own) and I always mark a line on the cup with a permanent marker. While I was doing so, I was thinking about how the manufacter makes the cup much bigger than the box recommends you use and that's for extra large loads. They really only recomend half the cup for a regular load. We all know to use a quarter or so of that cup ;) but how many people just dump in a full to the top cup and don't even think about it. And why make the cup so big?? Got me wondering what other products encourage you to use more than you really need.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
It is just like the extra detergent cup on a dishwasher. If you rinse your dishes before you put them in, there is NEVER a need to fill both cups.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
surely those manufacturers don't want us to be using more of their product than we need! NO! tell me it isn't so. :toothy:

That's like the supermarket trolleys, they are much bigger than we need to be to make us think we haven't bought enough.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
:yikes: I only used the full scoop when DH was in the army and worked in the Motorpool

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
I'd never thought about that before but you are right - why is the cup so big. That's wasted space. I use way less than they recommend and have been know to just run barely dirty things through a rinse only cycle. It's often enough to get my work clothes clean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts