Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a sweater that i just love. But I have only been able to wear it once. Why? A mystery sticky spot that won't come off!! it is a cream colored sweater (100% acrylic). The sticky stuff hasn't come off with hot water, cold water, a variety of spot treatments or laundry soaps and detergents. It is soft, sort of like honey or sap in appearance (no clue what i got into). It acts though like the adhesive from tape. Whatever this stuff is, I haven't gotten it out and i don't want to toss this sweater. I have had it only since last christmas, and like i said, i haven't gotten to wear it but once because of this...any suggestions?

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should mention that i could have tossed it out, but i have come back to it over the course trying different ideas...

Any ideas are welcome!!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll give it a try! How do i then remove the eucalyptus oil? Does it leave a residue?

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Have you tried a citrus oil like "Goo Gone" ?
I would spot check it on an inconspicuous place. I've used it on carpets with no problems.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
missy, after you spot clean it with the eucalyptus oil, wash it as normal with your laundry liquid.

I've used it on all sorts of glues and some unidenfied sticky things and it's worked. We also use it at the store to remove those pesky price and barcode stickers.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks ladies. I will add these to my shopping list. I really really want to wear the sweater again!!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Missy, Wally's and JoAnn's both carry Goo Gone. Wally's is generally up by the front check outs and JoAnn's may be by the register or with the notions.

Good luck. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts